1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 vs. Boss 9'2" V

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mdwstsnow512, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

Debating between the 2,

ive always been a boss fan, but the blizzard is tempting.

what you guys think

also its goin on an 09 duramax.
    you think i need to beef up the springs, they both weigh like 950 lbs plus the mount and stuff

2. MDSP

MDSP Member

I've had the 9'2" Boss V and still have the 8'2" V. We just bought the 8100pp, the 8600 speed wing and the 8611pp Blizzard. I picked up the 8611pp yesterday. I'm taking my chances. I think they have had enough time to pick out the bugs.
  3. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

ohhhhhhhhhh no not one of these thread again!:nono::nono:
  4. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

9.2 V here but damn those 810s look hard to beat and sure move a lot of snow.
  5. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Go with the boss i have both and i love the v so much better ive been having problems with my 810 the last couple storms . i never had any trouble with any of my bosses except maybe a dirty ground.
  6. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Ya,here we go againxysport. I run both. The straight blades scrape better but the boss V stacks higher. I like them both. If your running higher trucks the blizzard kick stands don't go high enough to mount without modification. Blizzards also have a tendancy to rust more where the wings tuck in(no daylight,salt and sludge hiding place). If stacking is not an issue I think I would go with the blizzard.....But Buyers has a new 9"6" SS V plow this year. Its the VX series. It is about 1,000 cheaper than either the boss or blizzard. It has a 70 degree attack angle on the cutting edge so it should scrape better than the boss V's of the past. It also has a trip edge which some prefer. I may try one this year. Good luck with whatever you buy!!