1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 trade in value?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ChloMag, Sep 20, 2005.

1. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

I have a Blizzard 810 '02. I believe this was the last year the wings were completely hydraulic in and out. The plow is still reliable and functional. The only problem I have had is the sheet metal wing shield rivets failed causing the right wing to jamb and not fully retract. I was able to repair the problem after the snow event in about an hour. I am considering trading it in on a new '05 that has the "spring" back feature on the wings.

I have secured one repeat contract for a railroad and two physician's parking lots. I have a good chance for another large commercial lot as a "sub". I plowed there every storm last year and was compensated well. A new plow now may save me any down time conceivable this year. The hydraulic hoses on the older model are a bear during busy plow weather. It may be worth the investment for the new technology.

My question is: How much is my '02 worth on trade? The local dealer wants $5100 for the new plow installed which includes the whole works - plow, mounting, and controller. I will only need the plow.

Any input would be appreciated.

Eric
    ChloMag Corp.
    2004 2500HD
    Buyers LowProfile Spreader

2. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

better off selling out right dealers will almost always screw you on a trade-just like truck dealers .....

3. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Average Trade-In will be in the neighborhood of about $1500 to $2500. Sell it on eBay or private party for a larger cash out. Do a search on eBay and see what you find out. Alot of dealers won't except trades, so do some checking in that regards as well. :)

4. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

Thanks.

What is a new 810 plow selling for. Just the plow- no mount or contols?

I bought this plow from a dealer two hours away because of availability. I would like to establish a good relationship with the local dealer in the event of any problems.

Eric

Last edited: Sep 20, 2005
  5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I think you can get just the plow for around $4000.00????? I can check in the morning??

6. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

Jon,

Thanks.

I will look for your reply.

The local dealer is interested in a trade. If I can trade up for $1000 to $1200 do you think it is worth it?

Eric

7. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

All depends if you want to make money or spend money. The plow is paid for, it might need a little PM, But the cost of maintenance compared to new plow purchase will out weigh the situation. Rule of thumb is pay off your equipment in the plow season and still have 20% profit left at the end.

Short and skinny, get the contracts to support the new plow, or do some heavy PM to make it one more year until your serious about a upgrade.

Selling on eBay or private party will yield a higher dollar amount than a trade-in.

Thanks,

Jon

8. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

you can get more selling outright if every function works. just remeber going with the new speed wing you will loose some of the control you had with the 810. as it automatically angles the wing when you angle the plow if you want it wide then you have to get out and pin the wings. just a thought

jeff

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree with Jon, put it on ebay you'll sell it.

10. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

:D sell it out right its your best bet.

11. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

I had never heard this rule of thumb. Thanks, I'll keep it in the back of my mind as I evaluate equipment expenses this season.

~Matt

12. snoking

snoking Senior Member

New blizzard 810...3800+tax/or shipping
    have 5 in the back lot

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey snoking, how long of a drive is it to you from Minneapolis, I was qouted $6100.00/installed for two 810s.

14. snoking

snoking Senior Member

not sure but you could come across the lake on th ferry

15. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

about 10 hours down around Chicago with a semi. should be faster with a pick up

16. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

How much to ship to Rhode Island?

17. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

2005 Blizzard 810 Installed for $4385 in Mich.

Hello,
    looked like a good price($4,385 installed) if your close by. http://www.ajrental.net/

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  18. stumper1620

Just checked my local dealer today, 4648.10 out the door installed and all tax included. 4385.00 + 6% tax.
    now all i need to do is dump my western on somebody

19. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Thats seems like a good price

Hi,
    That seems like a good value also.I have heard guys saying over $6000 installed.Now if they have one for my truck 89 Chevy R3500????

20. stumper1620

my dealer said, come in put a deposit and they order, blizzard will not alow stocking or something like that. that price is throughout mich.