1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by intlco, Nov 20, 2004.

1. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Haven't been able to fiind a Fisher V in stock out here, but I did find a dealer in SD that has a Blizzard 810 Plow. He wants $5500.00 cash in carry, uninstalled.
    How does it sound price wise?
    It is a good plow for commercial work?
    I've never seen or heard of blizzard, and this dealer is about 400 miles from me.

There's also a dealer in SD that has a Boss Steel V 9'2" and he wants $5000.00 cash.
    I've never used boss, I'd perfer their poly v but it's n/a here.

Tell me what ya think, are these prices about right, or high?

I also found a website for Tim Wallace Snow Supply, and his prices are much less then out here. Anyone ever buy a plow from him?
    Seems like he's got the best prices.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

We bought 3 plows from Tim Wallace 3 weeks ago. He was easy to deal with and our plows were going back to Canada.
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

There are a LOT of other plows that you can by new for a lot less than 5500 and come with 2 year warranties too! THink about that too. :)
  4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Tim Wallace shop is like 10 min from me. Tim himself is a really great guy and most of the desk guys are too. His plows are pretty cheap price wise for the erea, but he seems to charge alot for parts though. otherwise i have never had a problem going there....
  5. geereed

geereed Senior Member

I have also bought a plow from tim wallace online.Good deal and quick and cheap shipping.I found that the shipping was cheaper than the sales tax i would have had to pay if i bought it locally.
  6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Visit the blizzard website, they are great for commercial work in large lots. 5 grand sounds a little on the high side for a V-Plow, they are more then straight blades, but should not be that expensive. I would say get the 810 if you can afford it, or go with a v plow, get it where ever its cheapest i have not heard anthing bad about Tim Wallace either.
  7. Tarkus

For that kind of money they should come with more than a 1 year warranty like the "big three" does offer.
  8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree :nod:
  9. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

what is his website?

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

11. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Huh? 5500 for a friggin snowplow??

I'll BRING you 9'2" or an 810 for less than that AND lay in your driveway to install it AND buy you a beer!
  12. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I bought a Boss 9.2 5 years ago and it was under $5000 installed. I bought a Blizzard 810 last Feb. and I paid $4750 installed.And the Blizzard dealer is 200 miles from me and he delivered and installed it in my shop. I think you better find a different dealer or do some hagling with them. Also I like the Blizzard alot more than the Boss 9.2. I will never buy another V plow, no matter what brand it is.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  13. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Not a bad idea, but I don't think with our temps right now, that you'd wanna lay on my driveway. Feels like northern Alaska here.
    Acutally out here, 5500 the dealer says is a good price since everyone else wants over 6500. Everything out here is jacked up in price cause of Yellowstone Park.

Do you guys ever have any problems with the Blizzard 810? Will the wings break if you hit a curb or somethin'?

Is the 810 overall better than a v-plow?
  14. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I have a question about the 810 with the wings in the scoop mode does the blade trip if you hit something in the center of the blade???

Something like this:

Crude but works....
  15. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it would begin to trip and transfer more weight to the wings, then the wings would return to the straight position and then a full moldboard trip would happen. Happens fast.
  16. Tarkus

It still has to trip the same way but not as smoothly generally and it is not just Blizzards either, some vee plows in scoop postion can be unfreindly about tripping too unless that are a trip edge design that Western and Fisher use and now Boss is starting to use too as well as the Meyers Diamond line on a few plows as well.
  17. Ian03

Ian03 Senior Member

At the local Ford dealer here they sell the 810 for 3995.00 installed. Granted this is a couple thousand miles from Montana but that is a huge discrepency in price. Shop that around, you may have to drive to a neighboring state but it would be worth it for that much $$. Good luck man.
  18. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

I bought a 810 blizzard here in WI for 4700 installed. I would shop around. When i was plow shopping i didn't know what i wanted and looked at them all and made my decision. I think it was the right one but winter will tell. Think of it like this 8' to 10' in less than 5 seconds you can choose if you want the wing out on one side or the other. Flip the switch a little further and it goes to a 9'3" scoop in 1 second. Wait till you go to hook up the plow you will be amazed how it is easier than the other plows out there and this is coming from me and other snow plow contractors in my area. You pull up to the plow and the mounting pretty much slides you into position. If your coordinations are off a bit you pull up as far to the plow as you can and at about 3-6 inches away you pull a pin press the switch on the plow and it pulls the plow into the truck. Now you have to put in those cumbersome pins(2) well thats not the case with the blizzard it lines up the holes perfect every time. Another thing that i liked but didn't realize till i was driving home with the plow after purchase is when you hit bumps in the road the plow doesn't slam down like the plows with chains do during transport it stays tight in the up position. Any more questions i would be more than happy to help you. And blizzard if you need a sales guy or to send and free blizzard things please call me 617-6671 LOL :D
  19. redrocket

redrocket Junior Member

I picked up an 810 last Dec. from Tim Wallace and am very happy with it. It really shines in the lots. Paid 4500 cash & carry.
  20. DJC

DJC Senior Member

we just got a 810 installed for $4700.00, tax included............. Can't wait to use it. Looks GREAT !!!!!!