1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 Plow light wiring color code

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by pusher82, Nov 13, 2014.

1. pusher82

pusher82 Junior Member

I have recently picked up a used 05 Blizzard 810 and the plow lights on the rack had the 6 way quick disconnects cut off and the wires stripped when the people decided to sell the plow. There intention was to renew the quick disconnects, but they didn't get to it before the crazy summer landscaping schedule kicked in. So I went down to NAPA and got 2 complete 6 conductor square trailer quick disconnects to use to hook up the plow lights to the light harness through the truck grill. The Blizzard manual tells what the wire color assignment is on the truck side harness, and unfortunately they don't use the same wire colors coming out of the plow lights themselves. I've included some pictures, the first being of the new quick disconnects from NAPA, the 2nd being the wire colors coming out of the plow side of the light harness, looks like , white, blue, red, yellow, green, and white with red stripe. Those are the wires coming out of the plow lights themselves, so there are 6 wires a side. Would love to know which wire powers what function without a bunch of testing at 17 degrees outside. I appreciate the assistance.

74615_primary.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

a quick answer would be to remove the light housing and look inside it and see what each wire does.

3. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

but it's cold outside. :D