1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 ph1 on 09 ram 4500 light problem

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by T.French, Jan 3, 2011.

1. T.French

T.French Member

Ran this truck all last year with no problem.Today sitting at store(Why my daughter grabbed me a coffee) smelt something electrical burn.Looked couldnt find anything.Thought maybe it was another vehicle.Going down the road headlights didnt look right got out and checked passenger side plow lights on and drivers side truck lights on tried the toggle to switch between truck and plow lights,does nothing.Go do my route.Get home investigate more plug for headlights on drivers side is melted.dont have another plug so snip wires and use heat shrink butt connectors and change 4 relays 2 passenger side 2 drivers side.Same thing.Pull headlights and hook up truck lights only they work fine.hook it back up and passenger side plow light quits working.Now only have driver side truck light/turn signal and passenger side plow light turn signal.Any ideas why the plug would melt and what is going on with the lights.Check 15 amp fuses on truck for parking lamps both are fine.Any input would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Tim

2. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Check your ground. When voltage drops current spikes and all sorts of melting issues can happen.

3. T.French

T.French Member

cleaned all connectors and ground.Still same thing.Why would the switch that changes between plow and truck lights do nothing?Tried different controller still doesnt do anything when i switch between plow and truck lights.Also when i unplug headlight harness from main plow harness nothing changes.

4. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

That switch is just a ground. Unplug 2 wire harness from controller and see if it goes back to truck lights.

5. T.French

T.French Member

I can see again.Well worth the 4 hr. trip to see Jerre.Thanks again Jerre.

6. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

You're welcome. Let us know when you're ready for those other lights. J