1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 passenger wing wont extend

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by proturfservices, Dec 21, 2010.

1. proturfservices

proturfservices Junior Member

The wing on the passenger side wont extend. The lights dim and the motor makes noise when I push the extend button but nothing else happens. I plugged in a friends controller and the wing works fine. I replaced the switch in mine and still the same thing. I replaced the circuit board and still nothing. Then I switched around the two brown wired plugs on the bottom of the switch button and it worked. I went inside and came out three hours later and its back to its old ways. I am ready to throw it off of a bridge. Please help if you have any idea what this could be. If it helps the plow is about 3 to 4 years old and mounted on a 2005 chevy 2500hd. Thank you.
  2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

If it works with another controller I would just replace the controller.
  3. proturfservices

proturfservices Junior Member

I am almost to that point where I will just replace the whole thing. I have one more thing to try which is tracing the power wire to the switch to see if it is getting the right amount of power. I talked to Jerre at Jerres.com and he seems extremely knowledgeable when it comes to blizzard plows. I would highly reccomend talking to him with any blizzard questions and ordering parts from him too.