1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 owners: toggle or rocker control?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by boelterhomes, Dec 22, 2004.

1. boelterhomes

boelterhomes Junior Member

Hi everyone. I'm having an 810 installed in a few days and the price I was quoted was with the standard rocker control. The dealer suggests I upgrade to the toggle control, but it seems steep at $235 for the upgrade. Is it worth it, or would you suggest I go with the standard rocker? Thanks for your help!
  2. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

I use the rocker control, haven't tried the joy stick. It looks like it would be nice. Rocker works just fine. I guess it is what you get used to.
  3. boelterhomes

Hey thanks! I heard today that Blizzard might be coming out with handheld control next year. Might be worth the wait, and go with the rocker for now. Hopefully it would be interchangable.
  4. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

For my own use I prefer the combo joystick/ rocker for the wings cotroller.

Yes Blizzard is bringing out a new controller next year. For my own use I think the handhelds are a pain. Only have two hands.
  5. boelterhomes

Sounds like it is mainly about what you get used to. What do you think about the $235 add for the toggle (american). I wonder if that isn't a mistake. Seems high.
  6. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

I have the joy stick with the 2 rocker for the wings.very easy to use.
  7. wls

wls Senior Member

Thats what we use, plus we have a touch pad for back up. :)
  8. drplow

drplow Senior Member

i have a hand controller for my western and its the best thing going i think.
    i have the controller box for my blizzard 810 and i cant wait to dump it and get a hand controller for it next yr.
  9. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

I've had the rocker for 2 seasons and just recently got the joystick. I havent had an event this year but i'm glad i upgraded. My dealer did the right thing for me b/c i didnt like the rocker from day one. He gave me the joystick for $165 I guess thats his cost. Whatever it is I think it is worth the cost..You'll hate the rocker too.. Good Luck
  10. boelterhomes

Does anyone know when Blizzard will make the hand control available?