1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 or Fisher V?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snaaar, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

Couple searches didn't give me what I wanted - sorry if this topic has been beaten to death already.

Our most common lot type is a mid-size gas station that needs high maintenance, but also has high traffic.

We need to put a plow on a short bed (or long bed regular cab) 3/4 ton truck. We already have a Hiniker 7.5 straight on an SUV, Hiniker 9' straight on 12' stake body, and 8.5 EZ-V on shortbed pickup.

I lean towards buying a Fisher V of some sort because of the compatibility potential and Fishstick, but I haven't been overly pleased with the scraping of the EZ-V, nor the rubber designs in the midddle. Do the Extreme V's scrape well? What about snow escaping between the blades? How does the Blizzard scrape? Is it durable if the moveable wings hit a curb? Will it push/carry substantially more snow than a similar-weighted V-plow? I have no experience at all with a Blizzard.
  2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Preferance for me is the Blizzard, far more productive. I looked at both for a while, and if you read on these forums Blizzard people love their plows.
  3. T-Trim

T-Trim Senior Member
    from NE OH

I know you won't going Boss. But at least go with Blizzaed. Blizzard and Boss have very good push frames "A frames".
  4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

For the small lots that you are doing, the 810 or a 9ft V plow will have about the same production rate.I have both. I prefer my Blizzard plows and have had good luck with them . I have slammed plenty of curbs and man hole covers. No problems with the wings.
  5. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

Good, good. Production rates are similar between an 810 and 9.5 Extreme V for smallish lots? Then scraping power and controller type will probably be the remaining factors in my decision. I must admit, though, I am intrigued by 810 and might like to use one for a season to see for myself.