1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard 810 on crew cab chevy

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by grizzlycj, Nov 14, 2007.

1. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

Wanted to know if anyone has mounted a 810pp on a crew cab chevy. I have a 2004 and want to put the 810 on it but blizzard does not have it listed for putting on my truck but, it will work on the regular cab. Has anyone mounted one on a crew cab? And if so have they had any problems? Any modifications to the suspension?

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

There are a few running around on this board. I have an 8'6" V plow on mine. Although it's not "recommended" it should work.

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

You have the Duramax or 6.0 Gas?

4. grizzlycj

grizzlycj Junior Member

Gas 6.0 liter

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

If it was me, I wouldnt do it just because of the blizzard plows. They are so damn heavy. But it could be done I suppose with timbrens and alot of ballast....:rolleyes:

6. Lawn Care Plus

Lawn Care Plus Senior Member

I am putting an 810 on my 2007 Duramax dually. The 810pp is no heavier than the western straight blade that would cover my rear tires. In fact they are nearly pound for pound.

Mine should be installed by the end of next week. I will try to get some pix up.

Tim

7. Monte

Monte Junior Member

I have a 2007 chevy crew cab new body style with a gas motor. I just installed a 810 last week. I cranked up the torsion bars and added timbrens. I will add some weight in the back.

8. wls

wls Senior Member

I have a 810, mounted on a c/c f-250, which is actually a 350+. put a dana 60 in, left the stock 2 front springs in and added a third one on. Sinks it down about 1/2-3/4" when mounted and lifted.

9. capt4nocfa

capt4nocfa Junior Member

1996 GMC crew cab duley 6.5 turbo diesel and auto trans... timbrins on the front and a years supply of water softener salt in the rear for ballest. it is kind of clumsy working in driveways - because it is soooooo long. but i can push a mountain of snow forever and all the kids can go with me ;-) they love to go w/ me.

10. lawngevity

lawngevity Junior Member

crew cab chev blizzard 8-10

I have a 2005 crew cab short box with a 8-10. I installed timbrens and cranked the torshin bars about 5 turns. I run 265 tires, no ballast. No problems whatsoever

11. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

Is this gas or diesel?

12. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Gas or diesel, it'll work.

13. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

Five turns didn't help that much so i just ordered a set of Timbrens hope that does it

14. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

It still will dive a little, but it'll be ok. After all it is a car.:dizzy: Run ballast to even things out.

15. sw and me

sw and me Junior Member

810 on Crew Cab

Good Evening

I Had a 2003 2500HD Crew 6.0 Gas and I put on a 810 pp in late 2005

and I sold that truck in the spring and now have it mounted on my

2007 New Body Style Crew Cab DuraMax no issues

I have always use Steel Plates for Ballast 750 lbs. Min most often 1000 lbs.

and that really gets the job done ( Like A Dozer ) and I carry 375 lbs in the back

al the time for winter traction. All Ballast is behind the rear axle. when I add all the weight

it raises the Front of the truck .375 in. while the plow is Raised

Hope this helps

SW and ME

16. mlotz2

mlotz2 Junior Member

I've got a 2006 2500HD Crew 6.0 gas. Mounted an 810, added Timbrens and it does fine except I did have to crank a few turns on the bars. I think this was mostly due to the fact that I am running 285 tires. I run with a 2500# skid of salt in the back and everything seems to be great.

17. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

Front weight

I would like to address the real issue here. It is G.A.W.R. (gross axle weight rating) If you will look on the drivers door jam you will find a tag with recommended tire size and the maximum weight you can place on the front and rear axle along with the maximum weight total the truck can saftely carry. The reason Blizzard and many other plow manufacturers don't list the crew cab for a plow of this size is because you can and probably will overload the front axle. If your truck is a 3/4 ton HD and not a 1/2 ton, you might safetly put a plow on it. With a crew cab, it is possible to carry too much weight on the front with people in the cab even if it is a 3/4 ton. For this reason, They will not recommend a plow for this configuration. The best way to determine if you can safetly install a plow, is to weigh the truck axles and total weight with it full of fuel and the driver. You then can figure the load placed on the front axle by adding the weight of the plow and hitch to the weight of the front axle and then compare this to the GAWR. You will be surprised to see just how close it really iswesport. I hope this is helpful. I know i have really stressed the safety issue here but then again breakdowns are costly.
    Al
    PS you will probably need ballast.... be sure to secure it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008