1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 on an F-250 or 2500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NEUSWEDE, Dec 12, 2004.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I am looking into getting a 92-98 Ford F-250 or Chevy / GMC K2500 will they be able to handle a Blizzard 810? I am looking at the 3/4 ton because of price and availability seeing as in New England it is harder to get a 1 ton from 92-98 Ford or GMC in good condition. Just wanted to see before I invested the money in the 3/4 ton and find I can't get a Blizzard 810. I like the 810 because of the width. I like it better than the Fisher Ez-V which isn't that bad either.
    Thanks

2. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

If you do a search on this topic you'll see many posts on this topic.

3. intlco

intlco Senior Member

That 810 weighs a good 1000lb, so I'd stick to a 350 or 3500 truck and have some heavy weight in the rear.

4. brad welch

brad welch Member

THE BLIZZARD 810 WILL WORK YOU MAY WANT TO INSTALL A SET OF TIMBRENS FOR SOME EXTRA LOAD CAPACTIY. FORD OR CHEVY CAN HANDLE THE 810 I HAVE 1 NEW 810 LEFT ALSO 4100.00 CASH AND CARRY IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE LOOKING

5. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I would go with the 1 ton for the 810 blizzard.It weighs in at around 950 lbs.I have mine on a 1 ton chevy with timbrens.The truck carries it alright,but I wouldn't put one on a k2500.It seems the ford front ends are a little more stout.I would ask the blizzard dealer if the 3/4 tons are heavy enough.Good luck.

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I run the 810 on a 1 ton (3500 GMC )dually. It has the same front end as a 3/4 ton GMC (standard not HD ) No problems ,period.

7. danmc

danmc Member

Just spoke to a Blizzard dealer today

I went out to price some blizzards today and asked about putting an 810 on my truck, the guy cringed a little and said it was possible but it the plow was better suited for an F350 and that even Chevy/GMC 3500's struggle with it because of their front suspension.
    Installed prices are: $3410 for the 800 and $4600 for the 810

8. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

The 810 is suited to any 3/4 ton truck unless there is something already wrong with the truck. example worn out components of the truck, suspension parts, ball joints, etc. It is the big seller now.

9. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

An F250 with plow prep is well suited for an 810, ford is the only fullsize to sit real high out of the box. Anything else you really need timbrens or lots of ballast, but a good shape 3/4 ton is fine set up right.....