1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 on a Silverado - Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SnowGuy73, Nov 27, 2010.

1. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I posted this in the Blizzard forum as well....

Does anyone have a picture of a Blizzard 810 (pre DD style) mount on a 2003 or 2004 Silverado? We picked up another truck the other day, installed the mount and it doesn't look right. Compared to our 2006's and the 2005 it looks like the newly installed mount on the 2004 sits really high, to the point its hard to get the light tower on and off.

I called the dealer and was told that "if we got it on the truck it fits that truck". Let me know what your opinions are, or if on that year and model it does sit higher.

Thanks.

2. paulsauto

paulsauto Member

I don't think you can install it wrong. was it a new mount or a used mount. they made changes to the chev mount but retro fit it all the way back to 99 so they are different but should still work. the newer chevs bumper stuck out farther and they just made the mount longer. on the old trucks the new mount the light bar just sits farther away from the bumper

3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

There are two different mounts that fit those years. It sounds like you have the newer one. The light tower does sit much closer, it's just the way it is.

4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Ok, thanks for all the help everyone.