1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 on a 3500HD Dump!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mike S, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I Finally got the blizzard 810 on my truck and the blizzard 8611 on my skid steer! I will post pic of the 8611 tomorrow but until then hear is a pic of the truck.

Oct24_0001.jpg

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Looks good Mike!!! I think this truck will handle more than your 04 2500HD did. Hope it works out well for you

3. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Sweet. Looks good. How wide is the plow with the wings out? Prob dumb question. I'm a western person. Good luck this season!

nick

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  4. Mike S

:salute:
    Thanks! My 04 was a good truck and did me well it was just wore out. She had over 5000 hours on her which is not bad for a gaser. I do miss her but on to other things now. It took me long enough to get the blades on the equipment, didnt it!?:salute:

5. Mike S

She is 10 foot all te way open and I think 9 foot 6 inch in scoop. My blade that I made last year was 10 foot 1 inch in scoop so I hope I dont miss the size difference! LOL!:D

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Is that a 3500 and not a 3500HD? Is that truck 4x4. I have the same truck but an 07 with a 8' dump box. I have been considering that plow. Did you do anything to the front end?

7. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice set up Mike hope we get to make some money this year.

8. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

His signature says 3500HD. Nice truck!! Hopefully in a couple years we can get a 3500HD Duramax Dump with Western Wide-Out

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  9. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Dang, that truck looks familiar!

I don't think they made a 3500HD (i.e. the 15k GVW).

10. Mike S

Thanks guys! Its a HD and it is a 4x4. Steve I hope we both make some money!

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not doubting you I would just like to know what makes it a 3500HD. I have a 1999 3500HD but it only came in 2wd and has a GVW of 15,000. The 3500 I have has a GVW of 12,000. I am looking for any info, thanks.

12. Mike S

I dont know ? Mine is a 12000 gvw and if you want I will take a picture of the 3500hd on the side of the truck. Dont ask me ask chevy. I dont know what your getting at?

13. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice looking setup. is the skid steer in your sig the one youre reffering to? if so, why a pusher box and the 8611?

14. Mike S

Ya it is. I like having a back up just in case. The 8611 is the blade that will be used mainly.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I wasn't getting at anything. I didn't think they made 3500HD any more that's all. I also know there are models in the States that we don't always get in Canada. I wasn't doubting you I just wanted to know if they made that model. No pic necessary I was just looking to expand my knowledge. The truck looks good, I have the same one in a 2007. I am getting a plow very soon and haven't ruled out an 810. If you have the same front end as me then I wanted to know if you had done any mods or if the front end handled the plow well?

I'm not looking for a war here.:)

16. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Keep the troops on your side of the border cet :D

17. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

My oldest is in the military but at least he is still in Canada. I hope they are out of Afghanistan soon.

18. Mike S

Ok sorry! I thought you where being one of those guys on hear that just wants to fight. 12,000 gvw is what my truck is and I know what you are saying about the 15,000 gvw truck and they dont make that hd any more, you have to go to the 4500. I think the HD on my truck is just a label that they put on it so that they can say that it is better than other brands because it heavy duty.!?? I am going to put timberns on it because it squats a little more than I would like and if that doesnt take care of it is going in and the whole suspension will get taken care of. My 04 2500hd had some suspension done to it and I loved it.

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

No Problem, I was hoping you had a HD with a higher GVW. I like mine and having the extra payload. My 07 truck weights 9200 empty so there is not a lot of room left for payload. I will most likely buy another Western V but that will be a last minute decision. I will be going to Buffalo to get it. Even with the dollar there is a $700 savings. Last year with the same plow I saved almost $3000. I bought my 07 in Stow Ohio last summer.

20. Mike S

Ok I remember that. I hear you on the empty weight! I scaled my turck with the blizzard and it wieghed 10,340 #s. I love the truck but I think it is under rated on the gvw. I roll out of the stone yards weighing over 18,000 all the time and it handles it fine.