1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 On 04 F 350 Cc

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by GWORKS, Oct 29, 2005.

1. GWORKS

GWORKS Junior Member

Truck Has Heavy Service Suspention Not A Snow Plow Prep. Does Anyone Know If I Will Have To Beef Up The Front End To Accommodate The 810's Weight? Thanks For Any Info

2. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Gworks where in NJ are you getting your Blizzard 810. I am trying to get one installed at Heights on 33 they are just so slow. I need to get it done ASAP

3. GWORKS

GWORKS Junior Member

Fishers Repair In Long Branch. He Has A Limited Supply So Call Asap. 732-870-3100

4. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

when i hook up my plow it only drops down 1"

BIG WINGS.JPG

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  5. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Are you running a diesel or a gasser?

6. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

MD Power Plow: You could always install F-450 front springs (commonly referred to as "X code springs") which would help reduce the sag. I did this on an Excursion and the springs cost me less than $200.00 (for the pair) at the dealer.

Ryan

7. MD Power Plow

Its Gas 5.4. ford would not cover it under warranty for the 04. In the 05 you could put a plow pack and its under warranty

8. MD Power Plow

I am not upset with the 1"drop I was just posting to the above. Its actually just under 3/4 drop and thats not bad for a 1000# plow the front end is 5200 GVW I also order the truck with camper pac./ tow pac. it has front and rear sway bars.thank you for the reply i might use this for my Excursion.:drinkup:

9. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

No problem, wasn't sure if it bugged you or not. Just thought I'd mention it:) .

Ryan

10. MD Power Plow

Thanks again Ryan:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

11. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

How much did Fishers charge for your 810?
    I am having an 810 put on a F350 on Nov 26 for $5150.
    Which was 700 less than Heights equipment.
    Fords Lawnmower is doing the install.

12. GWORKS

GWORKS Junior Member

$5200 for the 810 installed

13. GWORKS

GWORKS Junior Member

truck is a gas 5.4 but the front axle rating is only 4800# i think i will just install an extra leaf spring for good measure

14. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

Fords Lawn Mower will do right by you, my install was done cleanlyand quickly and he gives you his cell number for 24/7 support during storms.

15. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

JUST PUT A SET OF TIMBRENS ON. GREAT FOR WHEN THE PLOW IS ON AND DOESNT AFFECT THE RIDE WHEN ITS OFF. GO TO WWW.TIMBREN.COM OR TO A SEARCH ENGINE I BOUGHT MINE ON EBAY BRAND NEW, GREAT BUYS ON THERE AND EASY INSTALL

16. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

Hehe, I paid that for an 810 installed with the optional joystick, PolarEdge, Trip Spring cover, Spare Parts Kit, and extra fluid.

17. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Why don't you just add a set of timberins?

18. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Snow Dozers thats the price in NJ if they built them in NJ it would be the other way around and we wouldnt joke about it.