1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 mount on a Silverado-Help

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by SnowGuy73, Nov 27, 2010.

1. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Does anyone have a picture of a Blizzard 810 (pre DD style) mount on a 2003 or 2004 Silverado? We picked up another truck the other day, installed the mount and it doesn't look right. Compared to our 2006's and the 2005 it looks like the newly installed mount on the 2004 sits really high, to the point its hard to get the light tower on and off.

I called the dealer and was told that "if we got it on the truck it fits that truck". Let me know what your opinions are, or if on that year and model it does sit higher.

Thanks.

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

There's no adjustment on that mount, so if it's bolted on, it's right.

3. kmwharley

kmwharley Member

pm me your cell number and i can take a pic with the phone and shoot one to ya. agreed though that if its on its good. My 02 does have the light tower rub slightly on the bumper just fyi

4. SnowGuy73

Ok, thanks for the help guys.

kmwharley, PM sent.

Thanks again.

5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

2003 and newer bumpers sit out further than 99-02. You have the old mount kit, new kit was revised with a -1 after the part # to fit both truck, the old mount will fit, but will have problems clearing the bumper.

6. SnowGuy73

O great, this should be interesting........