1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 light/controller issue

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Essential, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Essential

Essential Junior Member

Hey everyone, i'm lost on this one. So I only have controll to my plow if my headlights are off. If i turn the light on I lose all power. I also cant switch between the truck lights and plow lights, however when the lights are off, I only have controll with the switch in one position (im not sure which one). I dont know much about the wiring harness, i have checked the relays, the grounds etc.
    Ive always known the lights to be separate from the power to the plow though, I normally can just have the truck headlights on and have full power to the plow, or any combination of the lights for that matter, its never made a difference.
    I'm hoping this is an easy fix, the only thing i can think of is to completly uninstall the truck end harness and either find the problem or install a new one, any thoughts on how I could avoid this?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tim

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

What fuse or power tap is your activation wire tied into? Double check if you are unsure.
    When you say you only have power with the switch in one position ... to which switch are you referring?

3. Essential

Essential Junior Member

The Light switch, to switch between truck and plow lights.