1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 lift question?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by frdtrckmnrich, Dec 3, 2010.

1. frdtrckmnrich

frdtrckmnrich Junior Member

This is my first blizzard plow and it seems to me that it lifts slowly? I purchased it used, i was told it is an 04/05 model. I had a buddy sit on the blade and it will still lift but it seems really slow. When i plowed yesterday it almost seemed as it did not want to lift at all with the snow in it?

Ideas/comments?

2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Flush the fluid and replace with blue plow fluid. You can also run auxillary power and ground cables using an Anderson-style connector. The power cable upgrades seemed to really improve my plow's performance for a relatively low cost. The small pins in the factory harness just aren't large enough to provide enough power to the plow motor.

Call Jerre in Erie and ask him about the pump & lift cylinder upgrades.

3. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

ground ground ground ground

4. spidy12000

spidy12000 Junior Member

i have same problem

i have same problem would like to see some pics of the the auxillary cable set up if anyone has some or a diagram seem like different sound comes out of the motor when i run the angle and extenstion works fine then when i operate the lift the motor sounds slow and it barely lifts light inside truck dim please help snow is coming thanks

5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Basically, you need the plow-side leads to be about 39" long (mine are 3' and a few inches short to be "ideal"). Attach the red power to the power lug on the motor. Attach the black ground to the ground lug on the motor. The truck-side leads should be about 6-10' long, depending on your truck set up and where the solenoid is mounted. I ran the negative lead directly to the batter, and the positive to the SWITCHED side of the plow relay. You are basically just piggy-backing the power and ground cables in the harness. It's been said, and I agree, that they aren't capable of carrying the current required for running these plows, hence why this truck helps.

I don't have any pictures, but hopefully this adequately demonstrates what you need to do.

6. spidy12000

spidy12000 Junior Member

i have same problem

thanks for info when you say switched side are you talking about the solenoid and what size cables and what type of anderson connectors or does it matter i thank you in advance for your help

7. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

There are two large terminals on the solenoid, one is constant power from the battery, the other is "switched" by the solenoid itself.

I used the 175A Anderson connectors, and 2ga cables (I think).

8. spidy12000

spidy12000 Junior Member

i have same problem

great you are a life saver i bought this plow used so i am trying to get it going one last thing my motor only has one post for power no ground post should i make one also i connected the coil grounds to the pump base bolt on front of manifold is that the correct location and the black plow harness ground to the other side of the pump base bolt help

9. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Put your plow harness ground and your coil grounds together, regardless. I can't say which is better, front or back of pump base. You can check for resistance with a multimeter, you want to check for least ohms, that would determine where the best place would be.