1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 Controller

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by River Hill, Oct 24, 2003.

1. River Hill

River Hill Senior Member

What Blizzard controller do you prefer for the 810? I see they have one with a joystick and rocker swithches and the have a touchpad model. Ther is also the standard one with just rocker switches.
  2. Greensway

Greensway Member

Joystick. I haven't plowed with it yet, but I left the plow on all week while driving to get used to it.
    Very smooth, easy.

joystick 002.jpg
  3. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

I prefer the Joystick with rocker switches for wing control. I have them in both trucks now and at one time did use the plain rocker switch controller. The plain rocker switches are fine but one more set of buttons to make sure you hit right. Whichever you get used to shoud be fine.
  4. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Member
    from Vermont

I have the Joystick model also. It does work well but seems a little touchy until you get use to using it. Then it works rather well.
  5. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

I have the touchpad and my new one has a joystick, personally I think the joystick is the way to go.pumpkin:
  6. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

We also have the joystick/rocker combo. Haven't plowed with it yet, but it seems nice.
  7. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

I was just wondering if you could explain the controller to me. I know the plow goes from 8 to 10 feet, you can put a wing in and out and angle it forward. I see buttons for the wing out and in but what about angleing the wing?
  8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

After the wing hit full extension, you can either release the switch to leave it like that or leave the extension switch activated a second or two longer and the wing cants forward. It reverses the same way.
  9. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Nuttymopar-do you have a pic of your truck with the new plow on? It's gotta look awesome with that really nice, clean old body style with that fresh plow. email me or post it on a page, if you could. :D