1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 controler

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by eliteconst, Dec 6, 2004.

1. eliteconst

eliteconst Junior Member

I just sold a 1 year old Western 8' vee blade to buy a Blizzard 810. I am so stuck on the Western fish stick that I almost didn't buy the 810. Blizzard has one of the best plows on the market but has the worst controller. I called Blizzard and spoke to sales about future design. After a long talk of what is wrong with the Blizz controller the salesman said they are currently working on next season controller. It will be similar to a Western hand held, but for now I am stuck with the shoe box with knobs. HAS ANYONE WIRE A WESTERN FISH STICK TO A BLIZZARD? I don't have my Blizzard manual yet but I pulled the elec. diagram form Western so I not sure if its going to work.

Oh yeah Westerns a Junk don't buy one.

2. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I just got my NEW Blizzard 810 finished and installed.
    But the controller cannot be changed. They have a computer circurt board in the BIG BOX. It's unlike any controler I've seen.

Anyways, at first, I didn't like it any more than you. But I went and designed a steel center console mount for it and now it looks better and is not in my way.

Hell, think about this way, you won't have to pick up that fish stick off the floor anymore.
    The Blizzard 810 is a much better plow, and I'm sure I'll be savin a lotta time from the ole Fisher v.

3. eliteconst

eliteconst Junior Member

Ya I may have to run with it and wait intill next year and switch up to Blizzards controler when it comes out.

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Western Junk?????

If it is so bad, then how come your stuck on their controller????

I am sure many people will not agree with you that a western is junk...

5. eliteconst

eliteconst Junior Member

I been plowing for 10 season now. I own 6 trucks. I have 2 with 7'6" western straights 1 with a fisher 8' and last year I bought 2 new 8'2" v to go on new trucks and i now own a new 810 blizzard. western v blade suck because:

First night out a weld on the cylinder went and leaked fluid all over.
    second night out the other side did it.
    Third time out the pick up tube came loose.
    Forth time out the motor went
    and two times after that where due to the dealer not getting something on right or tight.
    I have trashed both wings. I had to be replaced one side the other we where able to straighten.

This is the first plow I have ever damaged. I think that there is a flaw in the westerns v out on the end. Their is no structural support there other than the trip edge. Its like a limp dick. Western has good wiring harness and controllers but weak Vs

I am looking foward to using the 810. I think that Blizzard is on to something.
    I hear that next year there are going to be a bunch of new stuff from Blizzard.