1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 controler

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by eliteconst, Dec 6, 2004.

1. eliteconst

eliteconst Junior Member

I just sold a 1 year old Western 8' vee blade to buy a Blizzard 810. I am so stuck on the Western fish stick that I almost didn't buy the 810. Blizzard has one of the best plows on the market but has the worst controler. I called Blizzard and spoke to sales about future design. After a long talk of what is wrong with the Blizz controler the salesman said they are currently working on next season controler. It will be simular to a Western hand held, but for now I am stuck with the shoe box with knobs. HAS ANYONE WIRE A WESTERN FISH STICK TO A BLIZZARD? I don't have my Blizzard manual yet but I pulled the elec. diagram form Western so I not sure if its going to work.

Oh yeah Westerns a Junk don't buy one.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I've never heard of anyone doing that but, if you can figure it out please let us know.

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

lol i am geting an 810 i hate the controler.(to big) it would be nice if they had more controlers to pick from. :waving:
  4. wls

wls Senior Member

5. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

any controller will work any plow because they all basically do the same thing -all you need is some schematics and some patience.....most companys publish their schematics and all you really have to change is how they are hooked up-you might also need some relays to change polarity of the outputs on some of the plows.....
  6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

The problem with the handhelds is that they are a low voltage/amperace that controll relay external to the controller, and the western style controllers most likely have a microcontroller on it so it willnot be easy to get it to work with a blizzard.
  7. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

thats why i said you may need to add relays ...........
  8. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I noticed that this is an old thread. Possible the newer controls weren't out yet but I got the touchpad with both of my 810's. Very happy with them. Comfortable and easy to use. The only thing I didn't like is that the up and down seemed backwards to me. Still getting used to that.
  9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Here's my Blizzard controller/ SwingWing rear plow controller.
  10. SnowGuy73

Thats a really nice setup.
  11. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I have a very similar controller in my personal truck, except it has 4 switches.

And it runs all of this.
  12. SnowGuy73

Thats a nice looking truck Jon.
  13. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Hey Jon nice truck but that doesn't look like a Blizzard :nono: How about some info on your rear plow, like where you canget one?

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

nice truck jon. :waving:
  15. Blizzard Boy

Blizzard Boy Junior Member

Blizzard touch pad

I used one last year and i loved it, you are rite, the joystick leaves little to be desired
  16. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Jerre Heyer knows how to wire up a Meyer SlickStick. He told me he has even put them in the door panel near the other stock switches on a Superduty. I don't know how much he'd charge you to make one.

I think it needs a diode someplace. As soon as I get my hands on one, I think I'm gonna try it. I've found a supplier for the two white connectors (12 pin and 2 pin) where the controller taps into harness. I'd rather do that than hack up harness (controller side or truck side).

Anybody have a Meyer SlickStick they don't need?
  17. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

Wow, Posts are just falling off of this thread!

Jon, do you have anything on ebay yet? I would be interested in a different blizzard controller.