1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard 810 backdraging

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by C & D, Jul 25, 2004.

1. C & D

C & D Junior Member

Can anyone tell me how this plow preforms backdraging. I do a lot of backdraging on my route and I am not happy with how my boss vee preforms, and I don't want a rear backdraging plow. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Corey

2. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

backdrags great you should be very happy with it

3. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

It backdrags fine until you extend the wings. When the wings are extended, they rotate forwarders when back dragging. I think it's an intentionally designed safety feature. IMHO, I hated it last winter and wished there was a way around it, but there wasn't.

Ryan

4. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

well, to toally confuse you, i own 3 810 plows and i back drag my drive and a couple of the neighbors but i wouldnt want to charge anyone for them, mine kind of skip when you back up and leave a little skif of snow and then the blade tends to ride up on the snow that builds up under the a frame. maybe its just my plows but thats why i keep the westerns around, they do more backwards that they do forward, they do a better job than my blizzards at backdragging. however, i make money going forward and nothing will outperform an 810 when they are going forward.

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

ever think of going western pro has an opt backdragging edge