1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 810 arcing during hookup.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ChloMag, Nov 15, 2005.

1. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

While connecting my 810 using the external switch I saw something I never saw before. When the plow frame came in contact with the truck frame it arced. I let off the switch and tried it again. It arced in another location as the plow frame contacted the truck frame. I see no loose wires or any thing out of place from last year. Is it the truck, the plow or both that is hot?

Any ideas?

Eric

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Check for a loose ground on the plow frame, had the same thing happen to my Curtis last year.

Good Luck Mike

3. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

Thanks Mike, I'll go check.

Eric

4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Definately sounds like a GROUND issue. Was the plow damp? How bad of an arc was it? I would guess it is assembled correctly?

Check it out closely, no need for any storm down time.

5. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

I checked the ground. Brushed and tightened. Set up for a service check Thurs. just to make sure.

Eric