1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard 800 ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 4speed, Jan 7, 2005.

1. 4speed

4speed Member

I have an old style 800 blizzard (2000) Previous owner used atf fluid in it.
    This thing Takes forever to drop so I need to drain & bleed it and replace with good hydraulic oil. What is the easiest way to do it on this plow?

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

most plows have a quill to adjust how fast they drop. is there a nut with a allen bolt in the center on the back of your head gear?

3. 4speed

4speed Member

I read an earlier post that said there was a wheel on the blizzards,but i couldn't find it. I thought maybe that was only on the newer models. The plow drops fine if it isn't too cold out but when the temp drops, it barely moves. I'm sure there is water in it and I know my meyer never ran well with the atf in it anyway.

4. 4speed

4speed Member

5. 4speed

4speed Member

Fluid change is complete but the plow still drops slowly. Anyone now how to adjust this?

6. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

On my 760, there is a small black plastic dial on the right side under the fluid reservoir. Clockwise makes it drop slower, counter makes it drop faster!

7. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I just checked our manuals and the 2000 did not have a drop speed adjustment. How are your other functions? Fast slow? Has anybody been working on it in the past?

8. 4speed

4speed Member

angle and up are fine. I notice that unhooking with the power hitch is a little slow also. Valve maybe?

9. Bolts Indus.

Do you have the manual? The s-5 and s-6 valves control the up/ down and mount/dis-mount. One of those valves is probably sticking. You would have to remove it and clean or when you change the fluid refill and operate each function many times to flush manifold, then drain again and refill. If you don't you are not cleaning the valves of any dirt.

10. 4speed

4speed Member

Thanks Dave. I dont have the manual. I've been meaning to run over to bison turf to see if they have one but just cant find the time.Are the valves the two cylinder type things right next to the relays on the manifold?

11. Bolts Indus.

You also would have a diagram inside your pump cover. Try the re flush again.

12. 4speed

4speed Member

Thank you Dave, I really appreciate the help.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  13. Bolts Indus.

On the right side you will see the 4 square solenoids.
    The s-5 lowering valve is the upper right one. You may not have the tools to take it out. If you go to Bison turf tell the owner that Dave Boulton sent you.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  14. 4speed

4speed Member

Well the plow quit dropping period so I went out to power it off the truck and the solenoid gave out. My fault ,I should have known better than to force the issue! :( Any how, the valves are soaking right now and my hands are thawing. perhaps a beer might take the edge off before I head out again.

15. Bolts Indus.

Have you found any dirt or gum on the valves?

16. 4speed

4speed Member

couldn't see any thing on them but ther was a littlepressure behind one when i pulled it out.

17. Bolts Indus.

Which one? Did you check each valve coil for magnatism?

18. 4speed

4speed Member

I swapped the valves and now it is extremely slow to raise and drops fine. Have to get a new valve on monday.