1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 800 HD, plow goes down very slow once in a while

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Dmitrywit, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Dmitrywit

Dmitrywit Junior Member

Is anyone can help me for giving some idea how come plow goes down very slow. I have flushed, cleaned and replaced oil and a plow worked good , after few hours work (heavy pushing) - that happens again. That happens not every time, but on 10 times - 2-3 times. I have brought to a dealer, but plow worked good and dealer could not find an answer for me yet. I stop working for few minutes and after that works good than happens again. Another way to get plow down - turning a plow left and right and a plow goes down. Very annoying situation when you working and time is important thing. Please, any suggestion will help to find out a problem.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  2. Dmitrywit

Dmitrywit Junior Member

I have replaced a valve #5 (main valve) and after that plow was working smooth and nice! But valve was good and no signs of damage, bend or scratches. Just some info to who has a plow like that.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

My 800HD did the same thing. I pulled the check valve assembly off (screwed into the manifold, and the lift hose screws onto it) and punched the center out, eliminating the check valve altogether. Works great now, comes down nice and quick!
  4. Dmitrywit

Dmitrywit Junior Member

Once I've replaced that valve we had 13" snow and worked 12 hours in a row. Plow was like a bride - fresh and nice :) Thanks for your reply.