1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8-10' Shoes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DJC, Sep 20, 2004.

1. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I was just wondering how many of you run shoes????? We will be doing 80% commerical with a Blizzard 8-10' plow. Thanks for any info.
  2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

We always run with the shoes on. Set about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch below the blade at start of the day.Helps prolong the cutting edge life and helps keep blade from snagging on manhole covers, etc..
  3. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Thanks for the info :)
  4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

No Shoes

Plowing 100% Residential I removed my shoes, actually a curb removed one of them backing up! After that I took the other off. My route is tight and plowing with an 8' Fischer( Love it) and an extended cab makes for some tight turns. Putting on sacrificial step bars is a must! This year I am switching to commercial so I think I will be putting the shoes back on.
  5. 810formy2500

810formy2500 Junior Member

We do 100% commercial with no shoes. We run about 20 Blizzard plows of all models. The cutting edge on my 810 has held up real well after about 300 hours of commercial plowing last year without shoes.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2004
  6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

I was kind of thinking the same thing. I like to take it down to the pavement
  7. Q-Team Inc

Q-Team Inc Member

I have a Ford with a 810 blizzard & we go without shoes for the 3 schools its commited to.
  8. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

300 hours without shoes and the cutting edge was gone. Then again I can get up to 20mph in some of my lots and on the roads that I do.
    Went with the heavy duty wings this time.
  9. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

There's Howard speeding through those mountain passes again..LOL