1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard 8-10 power plow problem.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Robber80, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

I just put a blizzard power plow together and have a problem. i put fluid in it, and everything works except the lift cylinder. the motor makes noise and the piston moved a couple times, but i had a leak on the fitting coming out of the manifold. and then i had a leak on the fitting on the piston end of the ram. quite a bit of fluid came out, but i took care of it. filled it back up, and now the motor still wines, but it sounds like the piston is binding. the piston does not move at all. the power attach arm is freelly movable by hand so its not binding. also theres nothing else taht appears to be making the pison bind. anyone have any suggestions??? thanks for the help.

2. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

what year is the 810? All the hoses are connected properly?

3. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

You dont have the A Frame latch locked in do you?

4. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

the plow is brandew, the hoses are all in the correct locations. i have checked a hole bunch of times. the aframe latch is not hooked up either, its actually in the up most poision out of the way right now. also did i mention the cylinder worked a couple times then i had to tighten the hoses that were leaking. now the cylinder doesn't work at all. is there any valving that controls the hydrolics on the cylinder?

5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Your flow control valve is closed. It is the round black wheel with cerated edge. Use it to set your drop speed.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

You may need to bleed pump too as it may be air locked too.

7. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

I agree the latch that you pull the pin and drops and makes it so the plow pulls in. If its new and leaking fluid I would be on the phone with the dealer.

Jason

8. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Thanks to jerre heyer and boltsinds. the plow was up and running after the flow control valve was backed off a little.A very easy fix to a frustrating problem! Thanks again guys!!!

9. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

yeah thanks again, the plow belongs to grassmanvt. it was leaking because i didn't snug a a couple of the fittings all teh way on the lift cylinder.