1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 8-10 Not Raising as high as it used to

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Essential, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Essential

Essential Junior Member

I have an '05 Blizzard 8-10 Plow. The problem is when i Raise the plow it doesnt lift as high as it used to. I have another truck with the same setup and when i put the plow on that truck it raises plenty high. This tells me its something on the truck end. My dealer told me that the plow frame on the truck can bend downward with time. The thing is to replace the frame on the truck is about $600.00. I was wondering if anyone has another solution for this or if anyone has had this problem. They did add a shim to the back of the square tube where the plow 'hooks' which helped a little.
    Any help is appreciated.
  2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of truck is this on? Quite a few things that could cause this, on the fords mounts the push beam can rock down, and if it get's loose, can egg the 4 holes on either end of the push beam making it worse. Also on the Fords, if it's a 2 bolt mount (per side), they're known to rock back over time as they're mounted in slots in the frame. The 3 bolt mounts are better, but the center hole can wear, resulting in the same problem. Also check for any frame issues, both Fords and Chevy's have been known to crack frames. More info and some pics would certainly help us.
  3. Chris112lee

Chris112lee Member

I had the lifting ram pin break on one of mine. The ram then pushed against the latch and still seemed to work normally, but lost about 4" of height.
  4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Check the latch plates and pins for wear. Check the push beam on truck. Loosen the bolts and rotate the beam upward and retighten the bolts.