1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard 760sw

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by fx4plowin, Feb 7, 2011.

1. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

Going to purchase one for another f150 that i just purchased, having mxed feelings on this, so any helpful insight, or reviews would be great, dont want a lemon of a plow since all we do is commercial plowing!!! so please throw everything at me, good or bad!!
    thanks in advance.

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Hello-these are great plows! Both the 760 and the 860 SW. But, there is a tendency for drivers to abuse them. On a 1/2 ton they will hold more snow than the truck can push, Then the driver will start ramming the pile to move it. Something gotta give! Then the plow gets blamed. I run mainly 860's on diesels, give better torque to push.

If and when you have a problem, wings pinned back, broken weld, ect, 1 st. look at how it was used. The cause with most of the problems will be with the driver. I know dealers and manufactures do not want to blame the user, good customer relations, but reality is!

3. fx4plowin

fx4plowin Member

good to know, but my f150's are more than half tons, there built to go, beefed up rearends, built transmissions with high capacity clutches for hauling, hd vbands, granny gear as 1st, lsd lockers, and tons of ballast, and trust me if one of my guys breaks something, they know they are responsible for 20% of reapair, my guys dont break to much, and you can pretty much tell when its driver error, just trying to find more on common problems for these plows, but i can see how they would hold more snow than our straight blades and become just a tad to heavy, but if it comes down to it il pay for the repair as the as the plow if worth its weight