1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 760LT draw arm wont work????

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by svernetti, Jan 6, 2015.

1. svernetti

svernetti Junior Member

Ok, I took my plow off 2 weeks ago and when using the rocker switch on plow to lower draw arm, it kind of worked then stopped, play with it a little, got it to unhook...

so I figured the big plug from plow to truck might not have been getting a great connection, put some electric grease on the plug and put it away until next time...

went to hook up the other day, did my normal thing, drove into plow, installed my pins, hooked up harness, and I could not get the arm to hook up?

I went into the cab, joystick picked it right up, arm went up and I went on my way plowing.

Plow works great up, down, left, right all works as normal.

Went to put plow away in garage cant get are to release from my truck...I have no clicking noise, pump is not trying to run, just nothing.

Its not a problem for right now, but sooner or later it will have to come off.

I am thinking its the rocker switch on the plow, just wondering if there is a way to test it? or anything else I should maybe look into.

Thank you
  2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Did you throw the switch on the joystick?
  3. svernetti

svernetti Junior Member

yes, I have the switch on the joystick controller in the cab on
  4. svernetti

svernetti Junior Member

also on my model my joystick switch is just an on off, its not like the newer ones
  5. svernetti

svernetti Junior Member

Well I finally found the problem today, if someone happens to run into the same problem.

checked pink/black wire on the truck side of plug and had power, checked right after the plug on plow side still had power, so I ruled out a bad connection. checked the pink/black as it went to the toggle switch and had NO power, so I pealed of the wrap on the plow side and sure enuff the wire was broken in 2..
    Crimped the wires together and all is well again.

The spot it had broke had no sigh of damage, it just decided to turn green and break.