1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 7600LT 1/2ton --> 3/4ton truck

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by speedysa, Mar 6, 2014.

1. speedysa

speedysa Junior Member
    from Toronto

Hello everyone,

I was thinking of purchasing a Blizzard 7600LT PowerHitch complete package (used) from an individual. I know the plow is small for my truck but I'm not plowing commercially - just one small building I own and my driveway.

I need to confirm that I can transfer the plow from his truck (2009 Chevy Silverado 1500) to my truck a (2009 GMC Sierra 2500)? Will I have to buy a new mounting kit?

I don't know if there is a difference between the PowerHitch system and Power Hitch 2??? Does this matter?

Thanks.
    Ryan

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try blizzards website. I'm fairly sure the mounts are different.
    Ph1 and ph2 or dd blizzards are completely different in there mounting.

3. speedysa

speedysa Junior Member
    from Toronto

The only problem with Blizzards website is that it will not allow me to put the 7600LT on the GMC Sierra 2500. I think I'm going to call them. Thanks.

4. bcanderle

bcanderle Junior Member
    from Ohio

760lt to 3/4ton

I have an 04 760lt that i want to put on my 06 chevy 2500hd can i get the B30042-1 mount and make it work? How much modifying will i have to do? Can i make it work. Or should i buy a chevy 1/2 ton mount and make it work on the 3/4 ton?

I do not do lots of plowing but either way i need the plow any advice would be great.
    Brett

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Buy the mount mount for your truck. No sense in cobberling together stuff

6. bcanderle

bcanderle Junior Member
    from Ohio

Then I have to buy a new plow so I don't have that much money so any helpful sugestions?

7. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Are you sure the mounts aren't the same for the plow?

Contact jerre in Erie pa

8. bcanderle

bcanderle Junior Member
    from Ohio

I don't know that's what I'm finding out I believe they are universal but I was seeing if anybody has done this before

9. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Don't quote me but mounts usually interchange between plows for same generations. They however do not interchange between trucks

10. bcanderle

bcanderle Junior Member
    from Ohio

Yea I knew that but there websites says it's different yet it's "universal" that's where I am confused

11. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

You can't use an hd mount for an lt plow. You would have to make the lt 1500 mount fit your truck.

12. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Ryan, if this is indeed a 7600LT PH2, then you will only need a different truck mount kit. The plow will work on your new mount and the headlight adapter kit will be the same. Blizzard will not suggest this plow for your 2500 because it is designed for a 1/2 ton, but it will work regardless.

Brett. Do not buy the new mount. It will require using your old mount to modify anyway. Do as fastjohnny says and make the old mount fit the new truck.

13. animalkall

animalkall Junior Member

thinking of buying a new truck

hey fellas... im in the process of purchasing a new 2014 Dodge 2500 outdoorsman package. I currently own a blizzard 7600lt plow. Is there a mount for my new truck so i wont have to buy a new plow? I know snow isnt the season but id rather be prepared than sorry...

14. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Depends on what you're doing with it. What bed/cab config is the truck? Is the plow PH1 or PH2? IMO that plow is light duty for a 3/4 ton truck, and depending on the configuration of the truck it might be too narrow to work well and/or easily as well.

15. animalkall

animalkall Junior Member

I'm not sure what ph1 or ph2 is.... The truck is a crew can with a 6.5 foot bed. The blade is 7.6 feet.

16. animalkall

animalkall Junior Member

Also I do residential properties(driveways) and really small duplexes.... Any advice you got is helpful. Thanks a bunch

17. dieselss

Is it an original blizzard or a Douglas dynamics blizzard?

18. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I think the LT series stayed Power Hitch 1 after DD bought Blizzard, but I'm not 100% sure. How old is the plow?

19. animalkall

animalkall Junior Member

plow...

its 4 years old and it has the powwer hitch system... called my supplier and he saib i have to upgrade.... gonna get the 7600hd.... any other sizes u recommend?

20. dieselss

It's a dd. I'd go bigger. 8 or maybe 8'6