1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 760

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by plowguy43, Jan 8, 2008.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey guys, I'm just making this thread to see if you have all had good or bad experiences with this plow? When I search I can find 100's of threads about the 810 or the SW series, but I'm wondering about the straight blade 760 as they seem to be the cheapest plow in my area.

I have a Dakota which is in my sig, and would consider one of these plows in the future. What I'm wondering is- how easy is the mounting of the plow? How much do they weigh? Is the 760 the right one for my truck (Fisher recommends the 7'6" LD series)? Any other help is appreciated. Don't get me wrong I love the snowbear I have and have already gotten my money out of it, but in the future I may look to take on some residential accounts in my area.

Thanks in advance.

2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Dont own a straight blade blizzard, but they mount the same as the 810 or speedwing, has the power hitch, drawlatch, etc. Drive in, plug in, power hitch up, 2 pins, and your off. I dont use the drawlatch much, havent needed to, but its there to help pull the plow into the forks if needed.

I think they are a good buy for the money if you are looking for a straight blade, it's just the productivity out of the winged plows get so much publicity/discussion/posting.

For what its worth, thats my 2 cents.

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I have a 760LT and it's been a great plow. Put it on in 2004 and haven't had any problems with it. It's handled around 30 accounts or so in the years I've had it. Check it out in this thread...

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=31360

Buck

4. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

760lt

i have the 760lt on my 04 chev avalanche and love it the only problem i am having is the stops are bending my dealer looked at it and said he would get right on it havent heard any thing as of yet
    it looks to me that the material is to thin its 3/8 i measured a buddys stops and his is 1/2 inch

5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

What do you mean by the stops that are bending? Something on the plow frame or the truck?

Buck

6. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

its the bracket on the truck when you raise the plow or you are plowing into banks it stops the plow from raising to high at one point the plow was raising so high it was puting preasure on the black cover hitting my bumper when i say bending its bending inwerd the both brackets are bending inwerd towards each other and causing the plow to raise higher i had to mock up some stops for know untill blizzard gets back to me as far as i can tell the metal is to week and have to replace the bracket on the truck as i stated my bracket is made out of 3/8 steel and a buddys is made out of 1/2 tuno :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I'll have to look at mine, hasn't been a problem that I know of. Wonder if that was a change Blizzard recently made or an isolated incedent. Well, good luck and hope it works out.

Buck

8. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

i just sent of a bunch of pictures off the mount on my truck that is bending they said they would forwerd them to the enginers he did also say that they would probibly have to put a new mount on the truck was wondering if some of you guys wouldnt mind measuring the thickness of the material of the mount on the truck mine measures 3/8 a budy of mine meadures 1/2 inch

9. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Post a pic of exactly where I'm supposed to measure and I'll measure mine for you. I haven't had a chance yet to look at them, but I should be able to tomorrow.

Buck

10. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

pictures

here are some pictures of the bracket and plow

PLOW BRACKETS 001.jpg

PLOW BRACKETS 002.jpg

PLOW BRACKETS 004.jpg

PLOW BRACKETS 005.jpg

PLOW BRACKETS 006.jpg

11. Up North

Up North Senior Member

yikes...did you ram or hit something really super hard??? Mine look fine other then a little paint worn away where the pin goes in. I haven't measured yet but I will tonight. I can't believe those would bend or twist like that.

Buck

12. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

760lt

never hit a thing only plowed about 4-5 times so far plow is only 45 days old it almost looks like maybe they welded the brackets on crooket and when the plow raise or you are plowing up the banks it is bending the brackets as it bottoms out duno all i hope is they figuer it out quick fix it or send me a new mount

13. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

I have had a few minor problems with my speed wing none of witch is due to the plow itself but to my straight out stupid dealer:realmad:

overall the plow is great wish my service was better though.

will get some pics of my rig but my father dropped my camera and it broke..have to wait for him to replace it for me.

14. cecil

cecil Junior Member
    from CANADA

here is the pictures of the bent mount

15. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

how are the 1/2 tons handling the 760sw? i want to put one on my dodge 1/2

16. mulcahy mowing

my f150 isn't having any problems with my speedwing mounted on it and I plow commercial lots with it too. love the plow now that I have sorted out the few problems I had.

17. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

Is that an extended cab (Supercab) F-150 or a regular cab?

I was thinking that the 760LT is too heavy for an extended cab F-150??

18. mulcahy mowing

its the extended cab i run 600lbs of sand in the back

19. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

I just ran a comparison on the Billzard website. It looks like the 2003 has a higher FAGWR than the 2006. That might be why. I think I'm going to call them in the morning. I'm really liking their plow.

Right now (if they will all work) I am getting it narrowed down to the Blizzard 760 LT, the Sno Way 26 (maybe 29?), and a SnowDogg that is coming out this year - its a 7'6" Stainless lightweight model at 400lbs.

The only other one might be the Western Midweight, but I can't tell if it will work on this truck or not. I have to call them too.

Thanks!!

20. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

OK. Talked directly to Blizzard today, the 760 LT will not work on the 06 Supercab F-150.

Sooo.... back to the drawing board. The Boss Sport Duty will work, and I'm waiting to here from Snow Dogg about a new one this year. Sno Way website says the 26 will work, but I'm waiting for an email response to be sure. From most manufacturers it sounds like anything over 420ish is too heavy.