1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 760 and blizzard 810 for sale!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by grassmanvt, Nov 4, 2008.

1. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Up for sale today is a very nice blizzard 760 speed wing snow plow. Has all the wiring and push plate off of the 06' ford f-150 that it was on. Over 4k new, 2 yrs old but only used about half a season,(then traded trucks) sell for $2500. This was also a limited edition "erie special" customized by the blizzard guru of erie pa, Jerre's service. E-mail or call 802-793-7023 for more info, also would be glad to e-mail pictures. Also have a blizzard 810 with all hardware and wiring from a 2004 chevy 3500. Will fit many year 2500hds and 3500's. Will take $2500 for that one as well. Well over 5k new now.

2. FarmerSid

FarmerSid Junior Member

Any pictures?

3. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Yes, pm me with your e-mail address and I'll be glad to e-mail anyone pictures, be sure to specify which plow you want pictures of.

4. FarmerSid

FarmerSid Junior Member

I can't PM you yet with such a low post count. Can you PM me? If so, send me your e-mail and I will get back to you. Pictures of both plows would be great. I'm really new to this plow stuff so go easy on me if I ask stupid questions. Just learning. I got an '04 Sierra 2500 crewcab 4X4 6.0 that I'm looking to put a plow on to do my 500' or so of driveway at my house and barn and a bit at the family dairy farm as well as a few buddies. I assume the 760- is a 7'6" plow and the 810 is an 8' plow? I've been told that I should go no smaller than a 7'6" plow but an 8' would be the way to go. I would need the complete setup. Thanks for your time.

Sid

5. FarmerSid

FarmerSid Junior Member

Forgot to mention. I'm looking for a plow that everything comes off but the mount under the truck. Been told to get a plow that the pump is not under the hood? Have no idea if they are still made this way or if that style is an older style.

Sid

6. nick858

nick858 Senior Member
    from Iowa

If you know of a good shipping company, Id be interested in the 810. Vermont is a little far to drive from Iowa LOL

7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Ok, just call me at the number in the listing then and give me your e-mail, I don't think I'm allowed by the site to post an e-mail on the listing. Sound like the 810 would better fit your situation and just so happens the stuff I have for mounting should bolt and wire right up to yours. The 810 was off of a 04 3500 I had which should be the same. As far as I know, no one offers any underhood hydraulic options for these newer style trucks. The power pack is mounted outside the trucks on every plow I am aware of now.

8. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

Can you post some pics of th 810 please?

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

They are too large for here, pm or call the number in the listing and give me your e-mail and I'll be happy to send you some.

10. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i can size them down....

11. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

The 760 is now sold, 810 still available.

12. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

The 810 is still available! $2500 takes it, complete package.

13. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Someone must need a good used 810???

14. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Pics of the 810 please. clear-water@comcast.net I have a buddie running to MD and WV, if he'll get it and it's nice I may take it.

15. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

So I've e-mailed a bunch of people pictures from around the country, doesn't anyone use blizzard anymore? Can't anyone use a plow for less than half of new? I'm just sick of seeing this in the yard, and I've switched my trucks to fisher so I can't run it.

16. the_raven101

the_raven101 Junior Member

Any idea what it would costs to ship something like this to Michigan? Whats the age of it, and I'll go ahead and assume that everything functions as it should.

17. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Everything worked when removed last winter. bought new in nov or dec of 06'. Check with freight quote for freight charge. Would be at least 8 by 4 by probably 4 or so and probably 12-1300 pounds by the time the mount wiring, plow and pallet are added in. Should be able to put on an open pallet and secure for another $75 or so. I am at zipcode 05641

18. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

19. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Both the plows are gone! Feel free to delete this thread, thanks!