1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 720LT spring question

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by pro5oh, Dec 27, 2010.

1. pro5oh

pro5oh Junior Member

Bought this plow used and it has provisions for 3 trip springs but only has 2. Seems to trip easily, does anyone know if it should have the 3rd?
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

ah... I think they have 4 small ones... probably about $50 each. They should help.
  3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I cant remember if those had 3 or 2. The new LTs like the 7600 only have 2.
  4. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

my 720LT has 4 and it still trips way too easy. tighten them up good and make sure you have all 4
  5. pro5oh

pro5oh Junior Member

just went through all the parts manuals for the 720lt none have 3 they all have four but my plow only has places for 3. maybe mine is a different model blizzard.
  6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Came with 4 little ones and Jerre added 2 more. Made all the difference.
  7. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

can you please post a picture of how this was done?
  8. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

If it was a 700 or a 760LT it had 3. ( DIFFERENT LENGTHS by the way )

On the 680 and 720's they had 4.

Easy to add more. Make a piece like is on the plow and weld on to plow. Cut matching holes in the upper angel and add away.

Have some 760LT's with wings running 5 springs and some 810's and 8611 's running up to 8 springs.
  9. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

Thanks Jerre - do you have any springs for the 720LT in stock? I'd like 3 or 4 (couple new, couple spares) but my local dealer is miserable to work with it. If not, do you know of a good source for the springs?