1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 7.6 or 8

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by clncut, Oct 3, 2005.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I just had my plow hooked up Sunday and Timbrens installed. I went with the 7.6' Blizzard. Went to pick up the truck and the blade looks small on the truck. It is wider than the vehicle but not wider that the mirrors which I can see a problem with me wacking off a mirror by paying more attention to the blade rather than my mirror. The dealer told me I could put on the 8' if I wanted to for 25.00 more. Im just concerned about the weight. I believe its 50lbs more and may be an overkill for what I do. Right now its mostly driveways and a couple of small lots (5-6 cars wide, 2 deep), and hopefully will be subbing myself out to Mr. PlowMeister this winter.

What do you guys think, I must say though, the plow does look great on the truck!

John

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

I would go with at least the 8'. When you're dong those lots and your blade is angled, if you have to make even the slightest of turns, your wheels will be in the windrows.
    The truck will more than handle it, especially with the Timbrens. If it were an 8611 I would be hesitant, but in your case go with the 8', especially if you're looking to do sub work.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Are you talking about the F-250 in your Signature??? If so, I would not worry the least bit about putting a blizzard 8' on there. You could also go with the 860 or as high up as the 810, your options are not very limited with an F-250.

If your doing driveways and small lots, then 8' would be perfect.

4. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

get the 8 you;ll be mad if you don;t first snow fall, the 7.5 is to small for that truck and the 8 will carry just fine. i have the 810 on my 250 with timbrnes and no problem. and for 25.00 its well worth it. 7.5 is not wide enough when angled youll be driving in your snow curl.

jeff

5. clncut

even without the snow plow prep? I do have the solid axle but the front axle rating is only 4400. What do you think?

6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Go with the 8' your talking about fifty pounds....Not a big deal.

7. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

go with the 8' its worth the money. :waving:

8. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

no way that 7.5 is good enough.

9. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

go with the 8ft. my 1988 ford f250 had a 7.5 meyer and it was to small. i put a 8ft western on my 1993 ford f-250 and its way better fits the truck just right. 7.5ft is way to small.

10. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

we have a f250 at work with a 7.5 curtis i used it a couple times last year and it is to small. i had the 8' western ultramount on my truck till i upgraded to the blizzard 810......

i would still say get the 8' you can always add timbrens only like 150 and 10 minutes to install

jeff

11. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

just take the whole thing back and get a 860 speed wing or 810 power plow. That 7.5' is just too damn small.

12. clncut

Thanks for all of your responses. After much thought and listening to your input Ive decided to go ahead and get the 8' plow since it will best fit my needs at this time. Hopefully Ill get some pics and post them later.

Thanks again for everyones help.]
    JOhn

13. butters

butters Member

For $25.00 and only 50LBS extra, you made the right decision.:)

14. GWORKS

GWORKS Junior Member

FIND A LOCAL SPRING SHOP AND ADD A LEAF SPRING, WORKS GREAT