1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 680 or Meyer Drive Pro

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by tacomacho, Mar 25, 2010.

1. tacomacho

tacomacho Junior Member

Close to making a purchase for my 06 Tacoma 4X4 access cab 6cyl auto. Read all the Meyer Bashing/ Blizzard Bashing....yep, got it. The choices for the Tacoma's comfort tuned front suspension are limited especially when Mr. Old School says "no plastic", I'm buying for my dirt drive and my father's paved drive...that's it. The prices are identical, both dealers 25 miles away. Just read a thread where the guy(s) love their Drive Pro/ Tacoma set ups and the Blizzard forum says nothing rolls like a blizzard. Meyer, simple chain lift. Blizzard, power hitch...and back and forth. So help me out guys. It may come down to which COLOR I like best and THAT can't be a good thing! http://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/laughing.gif

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I have a 680, and it pushes small places great, downtown hard to get into stuff. You don't want to backdrag with it... useless due to the weight. They are great for the right uses, but you can't expect to do stuff with them that you would do with a bigger truck. I don't know anything about Meyer expect the bashing that you refer to, but I would say talk to each of your dealers and go with the one that you think will support you better when you need them... I know you will be happy with the blizzard, but I am biased.

Good luck.

3. tacomacho

tacomacho Junior Member

Thanks for your response PPM. I guess I discouraged others when I hinted towards the no bashing,
    So by a vote of 1 to nothing....there's a Blizzard in the forecast.

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

IMO the direct lift plows seem to be easier on the suspension. I say Blizzard.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

You should get a 7' Boss Sport Duty IMO. But if you don't wan't a Boss you should get the Meyer Drive Pro IMO.

6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with getting a Boss, if that is not possible I would go with the Blizzard.

7. rlasonde

rlasonde Junior Member

I had a Drive Pro on a 07 Tacoma access cab, it's o.k. to do your own driveway with but that is about it. Very light duty. I wish I had spent the extra money for a snow way with down pressure. I have used those before and they are much better. Good luck