1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 680 lt

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 05 colorado, Nov 12, 2009.

1. 05 colorado

05 colorado Junior Member

I just bought a new 680 lt, This has the power hitch arm, I can not get this arm to detach from the truck ,it's on right now , and the arm won't lower, the plow functions perfect beside this , I HAVE ADJUSTED THE BLACK KNOB TO INCREASE THE DROP SPEED, STILL NOTHING i DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, i WOULD LIKE IF INSTEAD OF CONNECTING THE PISTON TO THIS ARM, TO TAKE THE ARM OFF ALL TOGETHER, AND JUST PUT THE EXTRA PUSHPIN WITH A COTTERPIN IN IT'S PLACE THROUGH THE A FRAME AND INTO PISTON HOLE, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ELSE TO LOOK FOR , WHY THIS LATCH ARM WON'T RETRACT DOWN? OR IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO REMOVE THE LATCH ARM ALL TOGETHER? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU! ::confused:

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Welcome 05 colorado!! I have the same plow and have had to use a prybar to get the arm down. It seems to be o.k. when the plow isnt packed with snow and ice. Also make sure that the switch on the side of the controler is in the right position to attach/detatch the plow. I also had to crank up the torsion bars on my Jimmy and move into 30 inch tires in order to clear the arm when it is in the down position. Good Luck. PS: keep an eye on your mold board, they use real thin steel on these and ive had mine welded back together several times, over all its a good plow:nod:

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

loosen the bolt on the arm where it piviots to the arm and should work