1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 2012

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J-Thomas, Dec 26, 2012.

1. J-Thomas

J-Thomas Sponsor

Hey, it's Andrew here with J-Thomas.com checking in with everyone on here for Blizzard 2012.

Are you plowing? What time were you sent out last night / This morning?

How high are snow falls in your area?

[​IMG] Here is where I'm located in Indiana. Our main distribution center is up in Novi Michigan which has lighter snow...

Everyone out in plowing? What do you guys need for your plow? Can I help in ANY way?
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Just getting the storm now
  3. gwhalen3

gwhalen3 Member

Headin out around 3 am about 3 1/3 hours
  4. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

Here we are on the coast of NH and it has been raining since about midnight. 40 MPH winds and heavy rain. Not the 5-9 predicted as close to the storm as 6PM last night. Oh well, maybe the next one!
  5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I got my squeegee out and I've put soap all over my truck.

By the time these heavy rains stop, and I squeegee the trucks surface, I'll be ready for the next car show.....
  6. J-Thomas

J-Thomas Sponsor

We ended up around 10 inches. Most businesses closed yesterday because of the conditions. It was snowing solid till around 12:30 pm.
  7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I worked Ambulance till 11 PM. By that time the 6 inches was done and everything was plowed and salted. Maybe next time I can get to play.
  8. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

my route was the snow/mix battlezone, anywhere from 3 to 9 inches, and that was under 10 miles difference
  9. Theplower

Theplower Junior Member

Went out at about 4am, had my truck catch on fire at about 8, my day was finished at that point. Some of my workers were out all day.
  10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

It started here in NWPA around 300pm Wed. and had heavy snow until about 2am Thursday. We had everyone out for a looong time. We ended up with 10+ inches, was out doing clean ups until about 10am this morning, and put away a delivery of salt. After being up since Wednesday around 730 am its time for bed!!!!!!
  11. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

Good to see some of y'all are getting a lil seasonal precipitation.