1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 1.5 yard poly v box

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Bchsnow, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Bchsnow

Bchsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

Blizzard 1.5 yard ice chaser electric poly for sale. This spreader will squeeze into a short bed truck. It's 4 years old. It's exactlythe same as a western or fisher. I replaced control module last year and controller 2 years ago. I will take $3500 cash.

image.jpg

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Holy s***, 3,500???

3. Bchsnow

Bchsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

You alright? It has been strictly a backup spreader. Less than 5 tons a year have been run through it if any at all, and washed after every use.

4. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I second that...

5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Is not this spreader $6K with tax to replace? What do you guys think it should sell for? I am considering replacing my SnowEx 8500s and thought the used ones were worth the same money as he is asking in very nice condition? GLWS.

6. Bchsnow

Bchsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

$6,600 + tax, new to be exact. This ain't no cheap salt dog

7. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

My thoughts exactly. I think this is a good buy for a person looking to start providing ice control services.

8. SullivanSeptic

6600? Geez. I take that back. Your price is dead on then. But that's also a lot for a new spreader.

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

They're right about the price, I was looking to add a Fisher (same damn thing as the Blizzard, just yellow) and it was almost 7k! The Blizzard was 5700.00 and that was 2 or 3 years ago. I'd say if it's as new and in as good of shape as he says it is it's worth it.

10. Bchsnow

Bchsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

You get what ya pay for when you buy a spreader. And not once has it ever let me down.

11. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I personally thing they are all way over priced but a friend of mine has had one for 3 season now and zero problems. If ya still have it around March PM me

12. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

Is it the shorter one to fit in a 6.5 ft box? I know western makes a short and a long one if I remember correctly

13. Bchsnow

Bchsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

Yes it is the shorter model

14. SullivanSeptic

How much can it hold? I'm just curious

15. Bchsnow

Bchsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

1.5 yards is manufactur specs but that's if you want to close the top.

16. SullivanSeptic

Lol. I know what manufacturer says. How many tons do u actually get in there? I have a few 2yrd salters that I get 2.5-3.25 yards in

17. Bchsnow

Bchsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

Around 2 yards

18. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Six and seven K??? Are you kidding me? CPW just quoted me a price of 3,800 for a 1.5 yard Polycaster. Exact same spreader. I don't know how you guys are paying so much for a one and a half yard spreader. If you don't believe me, here's their number. Call them for yourself and verify it. 1-815-469-1300.

And I apologize to the OP. My intent isn't to s*** on your price or thread, my jaw just dropped when I saw the price considering that it's four model years old, and exactly the same as the Tornado and Polycaster.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  19. mr.lawn works

mr.lawn works Member

Is it the duel motor model? One motor for spinner an another for conveyor?

20. Bchsnow

Bchsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

single motor