1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard '09 in Michigan!!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by rb8484, Dec 9, 2009.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Looks like it is going to be a crazy 36-48 hours!! Snow has really started to pick up and the wind is blowing like mad!! Snowfall rates at 1"-2" per hour tonight. There is a chance of snow everyday right through next week. payuppayup They are saying schools may be closed until monday!!!

2. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Ohh yeah, I have the camera charged and will be taking it with me tonight when I head out, so stay tuned!!!

3. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Where are you located in mi.? around here sounds to be the same as you! high winds, snow & lots of icy parking lots! lol this mornings push got canciled due to all this fricken rain! Good luck bud!

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Im down by Kalamazoo. I was able to push before all it all melted. Looks like it will get interesting by tonight!

5. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Right there with ya RB8484 I got some lots cleared before the rain came in !!!! I am getting stoked for the snow fall amounts they are predicting 12+ !!!!

I will also be taking pics!!!!

6. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I hope you guys on that side are having fun:realmad: I dont think I'll get a push in this whole month!:cry:

7. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Come on over I am sure there will be plenty of work !!!!!

8. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Yup, just woke up from last night, we went out at 12, and finished around 7:30, didnt get enough rain right away to melt everything, but it sure was some shatty snow to plow, but its still snowing out so we will be back out tonight for sure.

9. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

If I didn't have a full time job besides plowing I'd prolly take you up on that haha

10. Michigansnowkin

Michigansnowkin Member

I would love to make the trip , anyone need help/ 248 990 0948

11. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

well Im tierd & goin to bed, worked all day, made 3 pass's on most all my accounts, those winds w/ lake effect kicked some @$$ today! snow should shut down about 7:00am tomorrow morning!

12. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Plowed for 18hrs and still got a call from a pissy customer! Its snowing and blowing we try to do our best but it never fails always have that 1 who wants extra special attention !!!!

13. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Well, finally got a minute to get on here. What a busy few days!! payuppayuppayup
    Did pretty well, except 4am this morning by boss v started acting up, so took it in right away and they found I had a bad valve and a bad controller! $450 and an hour and a half later, I was back at it. As promised, here are some pictures. Anyone else get some pictures?? http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=900769#post900769

14. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

well I got a few days off now I NEED a few more days on! were supposed to have a storm comin in tonight thrugh tues., I hope we get a few good inch's of pushable snow!

15. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

That storm was not all it was cracked up to be at all. Storm Team 8 SUCKS!!

16. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

We got alot of snow with that, 18" in north Kalamazoo and 16" at my house. We didnt get the high winds, but it was plenty windy. My parents road was drifted shut.

17. JDiepstra

Wow I was not aware that much came down. I doubt we had 10" cumulative in Grand Rapids and I could still see grass in Holland.

18. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I just looked it up, and Grand Rapids had 7.2" on Thursday. They had a record snowfall of 2.7" in one hour!! We did get more snow down here than up there. Did you see my photos?
    Here is a fun fact for you guys, last year between dec 9-25th we had 38.5" of snow. All of january and febuary we had a total of 39.9" combine!!!!!!!

19. JDiepstra

No I did not, I'll have to take a look around for them.

I have a house down near Portage, in Scotts, near Toby (Tobey?) elementry if you are familiar with that?

20. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Yeah, I know where that it. I think there is a link to my photos a few posts up, they are in the picture forum under storm pictures.
    I am on the west side of Portage. We do all our plowing in west Portage and Schoolcraft.