1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 04 IS HERE!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by intlco, Nov 23, 2004.

1. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I was just sittin' reading plowsite when I deceide to go out and get late night bite to eat. Opened the side door and was shocked!!! Over 6" of SNOW!
    Where did this come from, it was only 9pm. Last I had look out at 8pm, their was nothin but overcast and wind.
    So, went out and got the trucks fueled up, only one station was even open, the rest of the town shut down. By the time I fueled the tank, I was covered in another 6", could hardly find my gas cap.
    Got back home, got the blades on FAST and I'm ready.

One things for sure, those new Cooper M+S snow tires are Sh*t!!! They wouldn't even climb the mountain passes with this wet heavy snow. They just cake up like hwy tires.
    But the other 2 trucks, one with Goodyear G171's and the other with BFG Tractions, had no problem.

So get the trucks ready, you guys will have this snow storm perhaps in Chicago area in 24 hrs.
    Now it's almost midnight and it looks like a complete whiteout. Heavy wet snow comin' down in big flakes. The weather guys didn't even predict this one.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  2. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Here's A Photo From When I Was Out!

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

cool, thats probably the storm that is suppose to hit us here in lower michigan wednesday night.

4. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

intlco, what part of Montana are you from?

I'm from Shelby, 40 miles south of the Alberta border in I-15. Just wondering where all the snow came from? We just got a light dusting yesterday. I guess it missed us and hit you.

5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

What a beautiful site! Viva Montana!!!!!

6. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Bad Luck Night!

I'm in Decker, MT on the Wyo borderline. This snow come down from Billings is what I was told, but we got a bigger dose cause of the Mountains.
    It's gotta be great up there in Shelby. I've been wantin to take a trip to Cut Bank, but never have the time.
    I thought I was ready last night, but BAD LUCK struck me. The 4x4 in one truck went out and tour up the transfer case. Then the welds on the dump box fold down sides broke on another truck and put it out, and then the trip edge welds broke loose on the 3rd truck. 3 trucks down in an hour and I couldn't finish a thing. The only good thing that happened to me was the sun come up at 9am and in an hour melted all 8". Man did the sun save me.
    But to make things worse....
    I called up 4 different dealers to get a bid on a new blade, and 2 dealers in Billings, 2 dealers in Bozeman, and 1 in Greatfalls all quoted me $8000.-$8500. for a Fisher, Western or Boss V. I called the one dealer back and he didn't want to take the call, and finally after waiting on hold 20 min, he answers the phone and I ask him what the hell is this crap. $8500. for a v-plow. Your F'n crazy.
    He said that fisher said he can charge anything he wants. And that's the going price in this market. If you don't like it, than drive 600 miles to another market. He than added that he just sold 3 blades to the City of Bozeman for this price too.
    Well, if Fisher, Western and Boss are gonna allow these guys to screw the powers up here, I ain't gonna buy their sh*t no more.
    What a bad day!!!

7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

There are fisher/western reps taking questions and comments on the site this week, try posting this info to them and see what they say.

8. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I believe I paid about 5200 for my Boss 9'2" UNINSTALLED 4 years ago. I think that 8500 is a little excessive. Typical Montana, no compition so the prices go sky high. Just call for a quote in about April and see how much they have dropped because they are out of season.

9. intlco

intlco Senior Member

$5200 4 years ago seems a bit high too, but normal for MONTANA.
    It's just that alll these dealers in Montana have found that they can overcharge because people don't want to travel out of state to save money because they fear the sales tax.
    Even our trucks in Montana are over priced in Billings. I never saw in my life how they add a 10K + sticker to the window of a crew cab pu because it's truck county. This is B.S.!!! I learn my lesson the hard way at first, and than last year, I deceide to screw these dealers and start buying everything out of state. When they don't sell, then they'll see.
    I went to ND to get my new D-max and saved a bundle. Hell, it was worth the long drive in winter to save big $$$.

Hill Brake Eqt. in Rapid has a bunch of those steel boss 9.2's and he want's around $4600 Cash,
    That's about the cheapest price I could find in our area so far.
    Kois Brothers and Midwest Industries quoting over 8K for a blade is full of Sh*t. If I was the regional rep, I'd strip these guys of their dealership on the spot.
    I can buy two somewhere else for the price of 1 here.