1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard 03/26/14

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by RdTeK, Mar 29, 2014.

1. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

Hey guys. I don't do much posting in the forum, but I think this could be worthy.

We had a blizzard this week which dumped 53cm(20") in a 24hr period and peak wind gusts around 120KPH(75mph). The snow was packed hard from the winds, pretty slow going.

It has topped off an already rough winter. As of today, we're at 393cm(154") for the 2013/2014 season for snow totals, and there's a still bit more to come.

Here's a few clips from the storm.....hope they're not too boring......:)

2. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Thats alot of Freakin Snow
  3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Great vids. How come you don't run the blower in the front? Must get a soar neck I know I did running a blower on the back of mine.
  4. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That is pretty cool, you ever think if fabricating a v shape plow that sat above the blower so when pushing through the deep snow it pushes the overflow off the side? If you wanted to get real creative put actuators on either side allowing which side you want the snow to fall to. Maybe I'm over thinking it but I usually try and over engineer everything.
  5. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

I think unless it's a versatile type tractor, a blower on the back works better since it's more maneuverable, especially when turning in driveways and sharp into drifts. If most of my work was all straight ahead snowblowing, then yes it would be best mounted on the front for sure......:)
  6. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

I never did....I've only thought about adding some wings onto the blower to make it another 6" wider....it's 92" wide now.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

What model Deere and HP?

Nova Scotia?
  8. RdTeK

RdTeK Member

Hey Mark. It's a 2013 6125R.....125HP. It works great.