1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzaed or sno way

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by firebug130, Feb 7, 2006.

1. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I was thinking of installing aeither a blizzard 720lt or a sno way similiar on my 99 tacoma. which application would work best. I will only be plowing about 10 small parking lots. Any idea on pricing for either. I have done some research on most other brands too, but like the weight factor with these two brands. I live in ky, not much snow here, so not a lot of heavy plowing. Plow prices seem to be higher down here, i guess to make up for not selling many plows. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  2. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Go with Blizzard

Go with the BLIZZARD. They are super easy to hook up,built twice as tough as any other brand.It will serve you well,wont regret it.payup
  3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Snoway on my 96 4Runner....works great, and is much easier on the front end. Plus the down pressure makes it act like a regular "heavy plow"...... Snoways are well built and reliable...plus they have a 5 year warranty....

You can see it at www.drmventures.com

4. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

you should check out that western ,, especailly made for small trucks like yours. suburbanite its called i might get one for my tundra next year? Im not telling you what to do, but from what ive read bout blizzards they are alot of troubles,? im not bashing them just what ive read,, i have looked at them,, how far away is your dealer ? thats important also:cool:
  5. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard make a really nice Plow. I haven't had any problems at all. The Blizzards that were having problems were the 810's. A few people had problems with the wings getting bent. Almost everyone still love the plow despite the problems. There really aren't any problems with the straight blade blizzards. I love mine. You cant go wrong with one!!
  6. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

I own both. For the snow you guys get in KY, you could use either, but the SnoWay may be the better choice. Read both websites, read the posts in both forums, visit both dealers, and then decide.

There is an especially good dealer for both plows in Franklin, IN just off I65 about 90 mins north of the state line. PM me for details.
  7. firebug130

firebug130 Member

Thanks everyone, I will be visiting the dealers soon. THe blizzard is about 1000$ less installed than the snow way. I'm not saying that I will go with the cheapest, still looking. The sno way dealer is local but the blizzard dealer is about 1 hr away. Could this be aproblem? Thanks to all and I will decide soon.
  8. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

it's not a problem until you need service and you are in a tight spot....