1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzaed 810 lights

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Douglas Hands, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

Got a Blizzard 810 withe original lighting. Thinking about up grading the lights. Any suggestions on which one to purchase. Plow is on an 05 F250. Love the plow but lighting is not very good. Should I upgrade the plow lights or put additional lighting on the truck itself. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I am plowing county roads in MD if that helps

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What lights do you have on their now?

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Do a search, it been done before.

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Trucklite LED's are spendy but worth every penny.

5. Douglas Hands

Douglas Hands Member

The lights that are are there now are the ones that look like the old western stock lights. The plow system with the cable boxes. I know this isn't a western but thats what they look like Square halogen with blinker next to it

6. dieselss

Ok. Well you do have quite a lot if options. Either replace the bulbs with glass ones that you can replace just the bulb with. Or complete new light assms

7. Mark Oomkes

Trucklite LED's are spendy but worth every penny.

I know, I repeat myself.

8. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

The night saber 2 that Hiniker uses are plug and play, and are a great improvement over the stock lights.

9. Mark Oomkes

Until the lenses fog over.

10. dieselss

Mark you have the trucklite ones? How.are they when the snow covers them. Do you have to clean them off eventually?

11. Mark Oomkes

I have several sets, round and rectangular. I prefer the rectangular ones. I think they have a better disbursement of light.

I have had to clear them off a couple times. Not nearly as much as you'd think because "LED's don't create enough heat". They do create some, hit a bump\curb\drop the plow and they clear off.

Funny thing is, first time I had them covered in snow, I didn't even realize it right away because they are so bright, they give off as much light as the crappy halogens uncovered. :laughing::laughing::laughing: Seriously.

First plow lights in 25 years that I can actually say they give off enough light. Even on wet roads, the light isn't absorbed into the pavement.

12. dieselss

Thx for the info