1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blistein and cranking torsion bar combo

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Plowingsince10, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Plowingsince10

Plowingsince10 Junior Member
    from Ottawa

i got my boss plow installed on my 2010 Sierra 2500HD and since i had it i have hit the undercarriage allot of times...

i'm planning on replacing the stock shocks with blisteins 5100's for front shocks with 0 to 2.5" option.
    after that i plan on cranking the torsion bars around 1.75".
    I'm plannng on adding timbrens a Little later.
    I just figured cranking the torsion bars with the same shock would give me a bad ride

Anybody ever did something like this?

2. JAJA

JAJA Member

Lots of posts bout this...turn each t bar get alignment after wards and you will be set I have timbrens on mine they seem to help

3. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I did this on my 07 classic model chevy 1/2 ton. Made a major difference in how it rode. Also my truck has a 130k on it so new shocks were in order especially plowing with it. I won't do the timbrens, make the ride way to rough and jarring.

4. Plowingsince10

from Ottawa

i read about it allot..but couldn't find with the combo

5. Plowingsince10

from Ottawa

well got them installed yesterday and what a difference did it make...Gm mechanics couldn't crank the torsion bars higher then 1.25".... but less sag on the blisten's and the added inch helps....
    seems i wont need timbren's either..

i would recommend..