1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blinking red light on fisher controller

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ramair2k, Jan 17, 2016.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Hi guys/gals,

I have a fisher HT with two plug fleet flex. I just noticed that when I lift the blade and the lift ram bottoms out, the red light on the fish stick blinks. I don't recall seeing this before. Anything to worry about here? Blade moves up/down, L/R just fine.
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

it usually only blinks if you have an error or a disconnect....but I'm not overly familiar with the theory of operation on HT plow side...as I recall the HT has a different hydraulic system & lift ram setup...might be the ISO bumping off the power to the the pump once it reaches it's max...no idea, I'll see what I can find.

Might check your grill connectors for good measure, make sure they're free of ice & debris, clean and lube with dielectric grease if they're dirty.

Just found this in the guides, try it again, and time it, if it's 4.8 seconds, it's a time out feature:

Function Time-Outs
    All control functions, except LOWER/
    FLOAT, time out (stop) automatically
    after a period of time. This is to
    limit the amount of electrical energy
    required from the vehicle.
  3. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Yea something is definitely wrong. The fishstick actually loses power now while plowing. I attempt to drop the blade and the remote shuts off. I push L or R and it wont move, then all of a sudden it does move. My dad has the same plow and I tried his remote and it does NOT blink red when holding the UP button. I then tried my remote on his plow and it did NOT blink red when holding the UP button. Grilled wire has plenty of dielectric grease and nothing looks oxidized or loose. I think its something on the plow side for sure, maybe something loose. Guess I will have to take it into the dealer especially with a potential nor'easter on Saturday.