1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blinker?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikelawtown, Jan 31, 2005.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I have a 90 full size blazer and the blinker lever is not clicking when i pull it back resulting in, no high beam..what needs replacement ?.anyone??????

2. joe_padavano

joe_padavano Member

"I have a 90 full size blazer and the blinker lever is not clicking..."

I had the same problem on a 1985 crew cab (same body style as the 90 Blazer). The dimmer switch on these trucks is located part way down the steering column. A rod from the turn signal lever pushes down on the switch, which is a push-on, push-off switch, sort of like the button on a ball point pen. After dropping the column, it turned out that the metal rod had simply fallen out of the recess in the top of the dimmer switch. I put it back in and everything worked fine. I really like those zero dollar repairs. If that turns out not to be your problem, the only other thing it could be is the dimmer switch. Once you drop the column, replacing the switch is pretty easy.

Joe Padavano

3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Thanks, i'll check that first when i pull it in the garage..