1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blinker problem

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by murphyslaw, Oct 9, 2005.

1. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

ok fella's now im not a tech i just sling parts for the dealer. now today i changed the turn signal switch on my 85' power wagon. when i got it all back together i turned on the hazards all looked well. then i turned on the key to test the turn signals, when the key was turned on and the turn signal switch in "neutral" the rear tail lights and only the rear tail lights flashed not even the dash lights flashed, but if " i hit the right blinker all works like it should. but when i cancel the signal back with the rear lights flashing, but when i hit the left signal it makes no difference the two rear tail lights still flash. is there a way i may have put the steering column back together wrong or whats going on here im at a lost of ideas.

2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

ok all better

ok ppl sry bout the false alarm. i took it all back apart wiggled stuff around and put it back together and guess what. all better. do more weird crap. boy wish i could just delete that thread and pretend it never happened

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey nice work, maybe you are a tech after all.. :nod:

4. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

well im not sure about that i worked the service part of the shop for chevy. i'm ase certified in four different areas. and have a factory gm certification. i started in the chevy garage. but i kinda like slinging parts. just dont like the customers wish they let me work the back counter(for the tecs only) but w\e.