1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blew a hose

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Ferrisdiesel, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

So I have my sno pro hooked up today and I am driving down the highway doing about 70mph, when all of a sudden................BAM the plow drops and scares the ever living Ba-Jesus out of me. I pulled over the side of the road, get out of the truck and there is fluid pouring out of the bottom of the plow. I hit up on my touchpad and more fluid pours out. So I grabbed an adjustable wrench, take the hose off the left angle cylinder and put it on the raise piston so I could atleast raise it and make it to work.

Shouldn't there be a failsafe in case a hose blows? Why would my hose blow while travelling down the road?
  2. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

If there was a pinch or weak spot in the hose, it can blow at any time, especially when travelling on the highway! As you hit bumps or the front end floats and the plow puts more pressure on the cylinder, it is then in turn putting pressure on the fluid in the hose all the way down to the pump manifold, simple physics.
  3. Ferrisdiesel

Ferrisdiesel Member

Thanks Dirtymax, I pulled all the hoses out and they all had wear marks on them, some were down to the wire. The only thing I don't like about my curtis is where the pump and hoses are mounted. Man the hoses are so tight in there and are bent all over the place. I need to figure out a better way to run those hoses.