1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blew a hose... and got hosed ???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by stiffs_00, Jan 21, 2011.

1. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

i blew a hose for my fisher minute mount 2 ... it was a 3" hose , so i buy one and a qt of fluid... $ 50.00 ??? did i get hosed ??? how much should this hose cost ? fluid was high at $ 9.00 ?
  2. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

The last time I needed a hose it cost me $13.99, So I think you know the anwser.
    where did you buy your hose at ?
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Well if it got you going when you were down it sounds alright. No sence worring after you;ve already bought it.
  4. MSplowing

MSplowing Member
    from Indiana

My meyer blew a hose two years ago it is a 60 inch hose, the only place around that had one was 60 dollars. I can get the same hose for 15 from mill supply. But when your in need and dont have the right spare what can you do? You win some you lose some.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

it costs money to male money sometimes
  6. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

I would expect to pay more at times. Emergency service and parts, at 10 pm, yea. But charging me $60 for a $15 hose. I would do my best not to give them any business again.
    Fool me once
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think that was too bad, especially for your locale. Are they straight pipe thread ends or swivels?
  8. stiffs_00

stiffs_00 Member

straight and after the storm about 1 pm ?
  9. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

25 dollars all day around here. Ouch
  10. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

I always have extra part on hand like hoses, fluid, pins, light bulbs,ect ect, that way I have them when I need them and I did't pay big buck for them.
  11. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

it better have been OEM fluid