1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bleeding system

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mxz700doo, Nov 4, 2002.

1. mxz700doo

mxz700doo Junior Member
    from NY

How do I bleed the air out of my system.? I have a Western Isarmatic Hydraulic setup on a unimount plow with the 2 hydra rams at the bottom of the plow for angling. New to this so can you give me some advice.? I drained all fluid to clean filter and replace fluid so what is next to get this bled and running again? Thanks.
  2. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

The pump should bleed it self. Is the plow not working right?
  3. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Check out the Snow Plowing Contractors Network link at the top of the page. Chuck goes into great detail about this on a Meyers setup but a Western is very similar. There is a lot of great info there no matter which setup you use.
    Thats where I learned to do mine,
    Mark K
  4. Eager Beaver

Eager Beaver Senior Member

I agree with speedracer. Any one that is just getting into snowplowing for the first time owes it to themselves to check out Chucks web page. There are years of invaluable information that can be very helpful. He also has a great book you should invest in for all the information contained. I have been plowing for almost 20 years and I still get tidbits that I didn't think of from his site. Also his list of links are great!!! Also SIMA is another source of information and become a member as it will definately help your business
  5. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

i have 2 western plows, and it was always a pain to bleed the system ( you always make a mess), , i made a special filling tool just for my westerns. a 3/8 pipe thread to 1/2 copper to a 1/2 ball valve to a big 4 quart metal funnel. i take the fill plug out of the pump thread this contraption in, fill the funnel with atf put a rag across the funnel ( to control splash) open the valve and operate the pump. the air goes out and the fluid goes in.close the valve and unscrew. you may have to drain a little fluid to get it to the correct level