1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bleeding Skull /Now do u want DEICED?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lawn Tek, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek Member
    from Ky

This is a true story that happened a few a weeks ago . My wife and I was out , a few weeks ago during a ice/snow storm. W stopped at a restaurant to eat , as I was going in I nearly slipped and fell on the side walk . The parking lot was real slick . Before I ordered my food I asked the Manager if she would like us to deice it . Her reply was " No , it does not need it , if fact its not even slick at all out there " . I told her " well mam its real slick out , in fact I nearly fell on your side walk ". She said " It would be a waste of money ".
    We ordered our food ,and was eating when we heard " O MY GOD
    IS SHE ALRIGHT ?" We looked out side and saw the manager , laying in the parking lot . When they got her up she was holding the back of her head , with blood running down her hand .I heard them say they were calling an Ambulance .
    I could of been a wise guy and ask if she hought it was slick out , but i did not say anthing and got in the truck and left .
  2. loomis

loomis Junior Member

well put
    it puts money in your pocketpayup , and keeps your clients and their clients safe
  3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I used to plow parking lots for a fast food franchise. They had a 2" trigger and no salt required. They salted their sidewalks themselves. Well, to make a long story short, they had a slip and fall the day after we plowed it. They tried to blame us for the incident. Now I was just the sub. for a business, and he did have all the necessary insurance, but he told them to take a walk. It was clearly stated in the contract that they signed that they did NOT require us to provide salting/anti-icing. It ended going on their insurance and costing them A LOT of money, but they still refused to sing an anti-ice contract. Moral of the story, always have the necessary insurance "just in case", and make sure your clients understand the contract they are signing. Why anyone would sacrifice a couple thousand in salting for tens-of-thousands possibly more with just one claim is beyond me, some folks just don't get it :rolleyes:
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I would have said "it's slicker than you thought it was, isn't it?"
    Just kidding.:D :angel:
  5. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I'm sorry someone got hurt, but that would have been a good one for the mopnday morning quarterback commercial.